Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OFP addons to Arma?
Armed Assault Info Forums > English > Armed Assault > Troubleshooting
CoKane
Okay okay, I know this question has been asked a lot of times, but I don't quite find the thread for it anymore (and yeah I used the Search mode)

Are there OFP addons which are compatible with Arma? if yes which ones?
And how do you port OFP addons which are not compatible with Arma to Arma? which tools do you use and how do you do it?

I would be very grateful, if someone could answer me those questions, because AFAIK the WIP for a lot of Arma 1 addons has dried up and I could use some new stuff for my maps, so I'd like to give it a try.

Thank you in advance
D@V£
Not "out of the box" (or at least, not any I'm aware of), you'll need to modify OFP addons to get them working in ArmA.
CoKane
Thanks, too bad, well how do you modify them? is there any walkthrough, guide or something like that?
D@V£
Depends on what you're trying to convert.

First, and most importantly, make sure you get the permission of the original addon creator, unless it explicitly states in the addon's EULA that you're free to modify and distribute the addon.

Configs are generally going to have to be completely rewritten, as a lot of inheritance probably won't work (there are classes in OFP that aren't in ArmA, and visa versa, a lot of the classes that are in both games are a lot different)

If you want to convert infantry, you're probably better redoing the models from scratch (too much has changed about infantry from OFP to ArmA to make it worthwhile, it'll take a lot of time to convert soldiers from OFP to ArmA and the end results won't be very good)

Weapon models are as simple as just applying one of the ArmA weapon model.cfg files to the model (even this isn't necessary, but the selections won't work properly if you don't). For extra kudos you should add the magazine to a selection named "magazine". You might also want to modify the textures and create material files for better compatibility.

Vehicles and Aircraft are done in a similar manner. I'm not an expert with vehicles though, so I'm afraid I can't really help you. I'd advise looking at one of the sample models released and modifying the selections on your model to match them, then use the same model.cfg.

ArmA weapon model.cfg:
CODE
class CfgSkeletons
{
  class Default;
    class Weapon: Default
    {
    isDiscrete = 0;
    skeletonInherit = "Default";
        skeletonBones[]=
        {
            "magazine",
            "",
            "ammo_belt",
            "",
            "ammo_belt_bottom",
            ""
        };
    };
    class WeaponRevolving: Weapon
    {
    skeletonInherit = "Default";
        skeletonBones[]=
        {
            "buben",
            ""
        };
    };
};
class CfgModels
{
  class Default;
    class Weapon: Default
    {
        sections[]=
        {
            "zasleh"
        };
        skeletonName="Weapon";
        class Animations
        {
            class magazine_hide
            {
                type="hide";
                source="reloadMagazine";
                selection="magazine";
                minValue=0.200000;
                maxValue=0.250000;
                hideValue=0.100000;
            };
            class ammobelt_hide
            {
                type="hide";
                source="isEmpty";
                selection="ammo_belt";
                minValue=0.000000;
                maxValue=1.000000;
                hideValue=1.000000;
            };
            class ammobelt_bottom_hide
            {
                type="hide";
                source="isEmpty";
                selection="ammo_belt_bottom";
                minValue=0.000000;
                maxValue=1.000000;
                hideValue=1.000000;
            };
        };
    };
    class WeaponRevolving: Weapon
    {
        skeletonName="WeaponRevolving";
        class Animations
        {
            class Revolving
            {
                type="rotation";
                source="revolving";
                selection="buben";
                axis="osa_buben";
                memory="true";
                animPeriod=0;
                angle0=0;
                angle1="rad -360";
            };
        };
    };
    class MyWeaponsModel: Weapon
    {
    };
};
CoKane
Thanks, that actually helped me alot.
Fortunately, I am more focused on getting Objects from OFP to Arma (Fences and especially Gates)
Unfortunately, you can't help me with this and neither can I lol, Thanks anyways

Okay who can help, tell me to get a few objectpacks converted from OFP to Arma
D@V£
Static objects don't need model.cfg files unless they have moving parts, you should be able to directly convert them.
CoKane
Okay let's say I wanna convert that Gatepack (I think it was from mapfact, there was a Nogova Map with new military installations where they used all that stuff, the gates were working though) for Arma 1, then how exactly do I do it? unsure.gif
D@V£
1. Get permission from MapFact
2. Convert the models to a format they can be opened in Oxygen2
3. Create new model.cfg file (for the gates)
4. Rewrite config
5. ???
6. Profit

I should state at this point that I have no idea how to do step 3. Model.cfg files aren't really my speciality.
CoKane
Okay thx, willdo (at least try to)

PS: Don't watch to much Southpark, or the Underpants Gnomes will get you weapons_owned.gif lol
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.