Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 3D editor help
Armed Assault Info Forums > English > Free spins in web3 NFT roulette! [https://stepn.cc/] > Mission Editing & Scripting
lyaoz
Hello,
By now i am sure that you are all aware of the built in 3D editor for arma2 (accesed by pressing Alt+E in the main menu).
One of the good things about this version of the editor is the object compositions section of the controls on the right hand side of the screen, in this it automatically places Pre-Made camps, firebases, checkpoints etc.
I am wondering if it is possible to get these in the regular editor as i'd much rather use that than this version of the editor as it is VERY COMPLICATED... well to me anyway...
also, if you make a mission in this version of the editor it will not open in the regular editor and it will keep coming up with an error box reading " file is read only " ...
If anyone has solutions to any of these problems please let me know

Cheers,
Lyaoz ph34r.gif
D@V£
QUOTE(lyaoz @ May 8 2010, 05:07) *
Hello,
By now i am sure that you are all aware of the built in 3D editor for arma2 (accesed by pressing Alt+E in the main menu).
One of the good things about this version of the editor is the object compositions section of the controls on the right hand side of the screen, in this it automatically places Pre-Made camps, firebases, checkpoints etc.
I am wondering if it is possible to get these in the regular editor as i'd much rather use that than this version of the editor as it is VERY COMPLICATED... well to me anyway...
also, if you make a mission in this version of the editor it will not open in the regular editor and it will keep coming up with an error box reading " file is read only " ...
If anyone has solutions to any of these problems please let me know

Cheers,
Lyaoz ph34r.gif

Here: http://www.armatechsquad.com/ArmA2Class/Ob...composition.sqf
Is a script by Joris-Jan van't Land and armatec for creating compositions. Just save it to your mission folder, or a pbo, then call it like this:
CODE
["compositionclass",direction,position] exec "...\createcomposition.sqf"

For example, if you were to put it in a pbo called "miscscripts" and wanted to spawn a firebase at a position signified by a gamelogic object "GL37":
CODE
["firebase_ru1",(getdir GL37),(getpos GL37)] exec "miscscripts\createcomposition.sqf"

You can find the classnames for the compositions here: http://www.armatechsquad.com/ArmA2Class/Ob...s/compositions/
lyaoz
I sort of get what your saying, but it is still a bit too complex for me to get my head around...
Any chance of dumbing down that last post a bit for me?

Lyaoz
D@V£
Well, step by step then!

1. Download the script, it'll open in your browser, so you'll need to use "save as"
2. Put the script in the folder for your mission, or, in a pbo file.
3. Open the editor
4. Create a game logic object where you want your composition
5. Execute the script to create the composition, ie:
CODE
["firebase_ru1",(getdir GameLogic1),(getpos GameLogic1)] exec "createcomposition.sqf"

Or if you put it in a pbo:
CODE
[code]["firebase_ru1",(getdir GameLogic1),(getpos GameLogic1)] exec "mypbo\createcomposition.sqf"
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.