Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Wrong custom face tex placement
Armed Assault Info Forums > English > Armed Assault > Troubleshooting
Twan
Hello, this is my first post in this forum.

I downloaded a face pack with the faces used in ArmA converted to .jpg form, and tried to make a custom face with MS Paint. The 1024 x 1024 file was hopelessly big, so I used 512 x 512. When I resized it, however, all I could really see on Paint was the front, sides and rear of the head/face, and the ears. I saw the toes, but the rest of the leg and the arms were all missing, and I believe that there was no way to scroll the image.

So I tried just writing on the face, and the filesize was good. But when I saw it ingame, the textures were all messed up, like the hair was were the face should have been, and the color scheme that I drew on the front of the face (at least it was the front of the face in MS PAint), was in the back of his head and misaligned.

Could anybody help me to fix this problem?

I intent to paint my face, head, arms, legs and hands.

EDIT: I should probably also let you know that when I was using 1024 x 1024 resolution, the textures matched up just fine, and it looked fine in single player (but it was too big for multi player). Only in 512 x 512 resolution have I had trouble so far, but I have only tried the two resolutions.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks!
D@V£
My guess is that rather than scaling the texture when you resize it, you've just cropped it. I don't use photoshop, so I'm not sure what the correct method for resizing images is...
Twan
That was probably it, I downloaded gimp and now resizing works fine.

Thanks!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.