Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Smoke...
Armed Assault Info Forums > English > Free spins in web3 NFT roulette! [https://stepn.cc/] > Mission Editing & Scripting
lyaoz
hello, i have started a mini campaign for OA that involves running secops in zargabad... everything seems to be going smoothly at the moment exept for 2 things...

number one. is there a way to create pillars of smoke that last for an entire mission, because the usual tactics(ie. setting a car on fire) dont last as long as i'd like them too... I don't particually need this but i think we all know how much effect smoke adds to a mission...

number two. I vaguely remember a script to destroy building in OFP, but is there a way to destroy them in Arma 2? because i would like to create some fortified positions for you to clear out, and i think the best way for this to happen is for me to touch up a destroyed building with some cover...

anyway, thanks for your help guys!

cheers,
LyAOz^^
SGJackson
Let's see, for Nš1: There is a script that was explained in the ArmA I edition guide to create fire, dust, smoke and colored lights.
But as I'm not even sure if that works I'd say you check out this page: http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Categor..._Commands_ArmA2 I'm a 100% sure that I've seen a script that did exactly what you asked for!
Now, after closing this "Nš1 answer", you should know that you won't find a better page to solve at least 99,9% of your ArmA Editor troubles, and yes, it works for ALL 3 ArmAs. And if you don't find it on that exact page, it also helps very much to search for your trouble in that website.

For Nš2: You want to destroy a building. Alright, here's what you do (if you want a building already existing on map to be destroyed): Place a game logic with a name such as "house1" as close as you can to the building ID, and enter this into the game logic's init line: house1=nearestObject [ID-of-the-building] (I don't know if it's necessary to use the brackets, but if it throws an error using them, just remove them.) an alternate command would be: ID-of-the-building=nearestBuilding house1.
And then set a trigger (activate it to your needs) with this into it's init line: house1 setdammage 1 (NO, there is no gramatic error there, the command works that way due to a typing error of who created it... There's a correction: setdamage, but I don't and didn't use it and I usually use the other one)

PD: YES, those commands are listed in the page I gave you.

Best Regards, SGJackson!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.