Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Armedassault.info End of Days Superparty
Armed Assault Info Forums > English > Chatter, Word Games & Jokes
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100, 101, 102, 103, 104, 105, 106, 107, 108, 109, 110, 111, 112, 113
Daniel
Not quite as harmless as I imagined then.
pMASTER
Fukushima I reports a breakdown of all cooling systems for one reactor and Fukushima II an upcoming breakdown for three of its reactors' cooling systems.
Japan has declared a nuclear state of emergency on the greater area and is evacuating some 45,000 civilians now.
Wittmann
Nice day for a walk!

Still a bit wet though off the beaten track...

Daniel
Great countryside you've got there!

Seems one of the nuclear plants has gone up. Video of what's thought to be a steam explosion at one of the plants on bbc news. http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-pacific-12720219
Blackbuck
Fukushima appears to have gone tits up. Footage of an explosion there over on BBC.
Daniel
Definite rise in radiation levels since the explosion, with hourly radiation at the plant equal to the safe level over a year. Exclusion zone extended to 20km. Not good. blink.gif
Toadball
Clockwork orange was a right pain this morning: half hour journey turned into a full hour because the sodding thing stopped for about 5-10mins at each sodding station ¬_¬
D@V£
QUOTE(Daniel @ Mar 12 2011, 10:23) *
Definite rise in radiation levels since the explosion, with hourly radiation at the plant equal to the safe level over a year. Exclusion zone extended to 20km. Not good. blink.gif

From what I gather from the beeb, the issue is pressure building up in the reactor core after a cooling system failure (caused by an explosion somewhere in the plant during the 'quake). The containment housing for the core hasn't been damaged though, so the levels of radiation should be completely contained at the plant. So it's pretty much a choice between "release some radioactive gas into the atmosphere" or "cross your fingers and pray it doesn't blow up".

That said, other sources are saying there's evidence that containment housing may have been damaged, and the Japanese officials are sugar-coating the truth to prevent panic, in which case, well... I don't want to make people panic anymore than they already are... but if you do happen to be anywhere near south-east Asia right now, it may be worth considering a impromptu holiday.

I blame the paranoia surrounding nuclear power clouding the judgement of journalists, of course, so I'll go with the official explanation.
pMASTER
Yeah some people are really worked up by this. Our opposition calls for the government to shut down all nuclear power plants in Germany, as the incident in Japan would have shown that nuclear forces couldn't be controlled nor contained.

Why yes, Germany is frequently ravaged by tsunamis and nine-point-something earthquakes.
Toadball
Here's to living in a part of the world that only gets a little damp from time to time smile.gif
Daniel
QUOTE(D@V£ @ Mar 12 2011, 12:53) *
That said, other sources are saying there's evidence that containment housing may have been damaged, and the Japanese officials are sugar-coating the truth to prevent panic, in which case, well... I don't want to make people panic anymore than they already are... but if you do happen to be anywhere near south-east Asia right now, it may be worth considering a impromptu holiday.

That's the bit that concerned me, there's no way for anyone (besides the people on site) to deduce how much damage was done to the containment and shielding by the earthquake itself.

Not to mention they're still getting severe aftershocks.
JdB
I blame the paranoia surrounding nuclear power clouding the judgement of journalists, of course, so I'll go with the official explanation.

On that matter, I saw a documentary about some scientists specialized in mutations researching mutations in the Chernobyl area, in which they concluded that the number and extend of mutations to plant and animal life was far lower than was expected.
pMASTER
...and so was the number of deaths truly related to the Chernobyl incident.
Toadball
So, it's Monday...late handin and several things to post of ¬_¬
pMASTER
Final exams on Friday, Monday, Wednesday and Monday again. I think I shall continue to pretend not to know anything of the upcoming apocalypse.
Blackbuck
So Saudi Arabia have sent a fuck off convoy of armoured vehicles into Bahrain at the kings request to quell the current uprising. Nice to see two countries we propped up for years doing so well...

Oh and a 3rd explosion at Fukushima..
Daniel
Yep, looks like the latest explosion did some real damage. :/

The local populace will probably be fine in the long run, as long as they keep their distance and take their iodine when instructed. Don't drink the water/milk and what not.

It's the plant workers that are suffering for it.

On a lighter note, got my bipod, front grip, sling and ACOG/Docter red dot in the post! Sweet!
Toadball
QUOTE(Mark-HH @ Mar 15 2011, 11:13) *
So Saudi Arabia have sent a f*ck off convoy of armoured vehicles into Bahrain at the kings request to quell the current uprising. Nice to see two countries we propped up for years doing so well...

That ladies and gents is the correct approach to riot control.

Nice daniel, get some pics up soon wink.gif
JdB
QUOTE(Mark-HH @ Mar 15 2011, 12:13) *
So Saudi Arabia have sent a f*ck off convoy of armoured vehicles into Bahrain at the kings request to quell the current uprising. Nice to see two countries we propped up for years doing so well...

The first "peacekeeper" is already KIA.
Blackbuck
Oman is also having "issues" with their population. They'd seemed pretty stable up until now at least.
pMASTER
That's what you'll get when you mess with the Shiites and their leading attorney Mr. Ahmydinnerjacket.

The clashes in Yemen, Bahrain, the Emirates and Saudi Arabia are nothing but a proxy war between Riad and Teheran.
Toadball
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-12769810

I'm pretty sure pmaster mentioned this but come on: not at all a knee jerk reaction at all...I'd expect this from Britain not one of the mainland European countries...
As far as Europe is concerned nuclear power is very safe, or is this just a precaution in case one of these earth quake tsunami combo deals pays Europe a visit?
Not at all increasing our dependency on fossil fuels that seems to be causing increasing political problems, or caving in to the renewables crowd: sure renewable energy is great, but it's hardly cost effective now is it.
D@V£
Ironically, Nuclear power is statistically the least likely energy source to kill or injure you. The most likely is wind power. boppin2.gif
pMASTER
Please, write a letter to our house minority leaders and tell them. I guess they'd reply that after the Japanese megaquake it couldn't quite exactly be ruled out that tsunamis might strike the German Alps and cause a general pandemonium.

In the other news, the hot phase of exams starts tomorrow. It's a good thing that I'm prepared ...not.
D@V£
QUOTE(pMASTER @ Mar 17 2011, 20:00) *
Please, write a letter to our house minority leaders and tell them. I guess they'd reply that after the Japanese megaquake it couldn't quite exactly be ruled out that tsunamis might strike the German Alps and cause a general pandemonium.

Politicians are like angry mice.

I made that one up on the spot... it's not very good, is it? I have this vision of a mouse standing outside his mouse-hole shaking his fist at something far away in vain (probably someone slamming a door and knocking over all his pots... I don't know what a mouse would own, but pots seem like a good guess). it's pretty funny, but text doesn't really convey that very well unsure.gif

Don't you just hate it when you get a crumb or something stuck beneath your gum!? mad.gif
Blackscorpion
QUOTE(D@V£ @ Mar 18 2011, 02:42) *
Don't you just hate it when you get a crumb or something stuck beneath your gum!? mad.gif

Oh, but I consider it the most fun!

(sorry, that just rhymed)

Is it just me or is Libya starting to remind me of Kosovo/Balkans...?
pMASTER
The first round is over, three are yet to come.
Deadeye
QUOTE(pMASTER @ Mar 18 2011, 13:43) *
The first round is over, three are yet to come.

Abitur is Pussykacke compared to university since they changed to Bachelor/Master !
But good luck, I'm sure you will do fine, son !

On a sidenote, do you guys also have a bucket list ?(things you want to do/accomplish in your lifetime ? Like buying or doing it on a train for Mark for example wink.gif )
pMASTER
Thanks, pa.

Err... You think Mark would prefer buying a train over doing it on a train?

Well, I do have such a list. I'd be extremely disappointed if I weren't able to check it off, though... so I guess.

Unfortunately the guys and me promised to each other we'd go parachuting before we hit the thirties. Fuck. The very problem is, I'm a pussy on 364 days of the year but beyond madness on the 365th. I reley might be doing this somewhen along the way.
Toadball
Got a mate who ran the we-don't-understand-you-shouldn't-jump-out-of-a-plane-unless-it's-on-fire* society at his uni, complete nutters, the lot of them...

Had a good debate today instead of a lecture: "Can compulsory vaccination be justified in the United kingdom in 2011", shame we can't have such things on the interwebs without them descending to: UR GHAI! etc.
Annoyingly the for side won based upon dodgy representation of statistics in context of the argument and sensationalism instead of solid facts. sad.gif

Needless to say, last teaching session of my uni career finished, I now has the fear ohmy.gif

*skydivers/skydiving
pMASTER
Deadlines, Jynx. They make this awesome sound when they fly past!
Indigo
Doing it on a train is quite fun actually ^^
Hows all your guys exams going? smile.gif
sorry I havent posted in a while x
Wittmann
...sometimes I really think we should make a sarcasm society separate forum for things like the above, because you really want to know the story and context. mellow.gif

Bucket List: Travel. That's it really. Worry about the settling down later.
Item 2: If I like another nation, try the expat thing for awhile. If I like Canada when I holiday there I am thinking of saving up and going back for the 2 year working holiday.
Item 3: Consider a post grad qualification, likely a Graduate Diploma in Strategic Studies. This is to take affect in the event of item 2 being a non-event.
Toadball
Bucket List:
Item 1: Get a self perpetuating zero effort source of income.
Item 2: Consider traveling but be sure absolutely not to as it will involve far, far to much effort and ultimately dealing with students. (Was mobbed by the sods when I visited Cairns in the September.)*.
Item 3: Consider settling down but be sure not to due to the lack of finicial gain or high effort input.

*I do not consider myself a "student" as I earn my living, do stuff more productive than drink coffee and complain that the government I voted in has turned out to be shower of c...s despite it being common knowledge that every government is a shower of c...s and dress in a manner that does not make me look like I've fallen backwards through an industrial waste rag store
Indigo
1: Get into university
2: Get a Masters
3: Get paid alot to design furniture tongue.gif

@Wittman: Where you thinking of travelling to?

D@V£
Bucket list? I have an enemies list, that's sort of the same thing, right? tongue.gif
Wittmann
Gah slow day @ work.

Looks like rain setting in, perhaps no evening stroll for me.
Luckily, I have tea. (Sometimes I think I live in the wrong country)

@Indigo; Canada in August/September for 2-3 weeks depending on finances and other things coming up, else March next year.
UK and Europe on the agenda, just not this year.

If I like Canada quite a bit I am going to return home, save like a crazy person for 12 months here @ DBCDE and then go over on the two year working holiday program. You only need $4k CAD to do it, so if I show up with 20k I am sure they will not be at all fussed about me. Going to check out Toronto and Halifax as likely contenders as I have contacts in both.

Elliot Carver
QUOTE(Wittmann @ Mar 21 2011, 04:37) *
Gah slow day @ work.

Looks like rain setting in, perhaps no evening stroll for me.
Luckily, I have tea. (Sometimes I think I live in the wrong country)

@Indigo; Canada in August/September for 2-3 weeks depending on finances and other things coming up, else March next year.
UK and Europe on the agenda, just not this year.

If I like Canada quite a bit I am going to return home, save like a crazy person for 12 months here @ DBCDE and then go over on the two year working holiday program. You only need $4k CAD to do it, so if I show up with 20k I am sure they will not be at all fussed about me. Going to check out Toronto and Halifax as likely contenders as I have contacts in both.

Me and Mr Carver are hoping to go to Canada in our gap year smile.gif
Currently sat in the hotel room in Manchester after taking him around all the museums and art gallerys smile.gif
Sleepy.

(Btw this was written By Indigo but im too lazy to delete this post and then log onto my account just to repost it so sorry tongue.gif )
Toadball
I has the pain, a night and a day of running around a disused shopping centre/Mall shooting people and showing the English how CQB is done properly with 12 of my compatriots has taken its toll. Pizza hut time me thinks
JdB
QUOTE(Toadball @ Mar 21 2011, 22:17) *
I has the pain, a night and a day of running around a disused shopping centre/Mall shooting people and showing the English how CQB is done properly with 12 of my compatriots has taken its toll. Pizza hut time me thinks

Did this involve the use of a claymore and kilt? ohmy.gif
Toadball
Unfortunately not, though the freedom of movement a kilt offers is not to be frowned at (the fact t looks like a dress howerever is)
Wittmann
It's almost Friday.
Which means one more work day then it's the weekend.

And the weekend containts Paintball. Hells yes.
Indigo
Yey weekend! Driving down the M5 typing thus smile.gif
Anyone happen to know where a girl could buy a bownan radio with a link? smile.gif
Rewan
CITATION(MadAussie)
We poke fun at Rewan and especially MiniMark.

YaY ! I'm not the poke target n°1 anymore yipee yihee yidi yidi yipeeka yipeedi !
pMASTER
Just to contribute to our mood...

I've got cancer.

I suffered a collapse on Monday and was rushed to ER, where they found it.

And no, this is not a joke. I'm allowed to spend the weekend at home and will undergo surgery prolly today in a week. Wish me luck, ladies and gentlemen!
JdB
QUOTE(pMASTER @ Mar 25 2011, 18:21) *
And no, this is not a joke.

I wouldn't expect you to make fun of cancer anyway.

Sorry to hear that. What sort of cancer is it? Is it by any chance related to the other health issues you had?

Hope you get well soon sad.gif
Indigo
sh*t... If I had the money id fly to Bavaria just to give you a hug sad.gif
I hope it all goes alright and you feel much better after the op smile.gif
*hug*
Wittmann
Good luck pMaster. Keep us updated on how it goes, yeah?
Blackbuck
Fu.... Hope you get through it mate.
Elliot Carver
Dude all the lucks bud! We'll keep a pint on chill for ya post op wink.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.