Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Armedassault.info End of Days Superparty
Armed Assault Info Forums > English > Chatter, Word Games & Jokes
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100, 101, 102, 103, 104, 105, 106, 107, 108, 109, 110, 111, 112, 113
Wittmann
Right, so I may have accidentally intentionally deleted the last topic instead of a post because it was getting too large and as per tradition, it's time to start again.

You all know the rules.
You make the thread. We ramble. We laugh. We cry. We poke fun at Rewan and especially MiniMark.

Enjoy smile.gif w00t.gif

Is pMaster drunk?
Is Indigo teasing JdB with her sensuous mysteries?
Where in the world is Deadeye?
Why aren't I drunk yet?

All these questions and more can be answered by what remains of our insane regular contributors.
Indigo
1st Post!
Carver says: 1st post!....wait.... f*ck....
And im typing this whilst in in plymouth waiting for my uni interview to start smile.gif
pMASTER

Why was no leadtime given? So many funny member quotes are gone forever now! But I feel humbled that the management finally recognizes the role sarcasm plays in mutual interactions here. Like I cared.
Toadball
QUOTE(Wittmann @ Mar 9 2011, 07:55) *
Is pMaster drunk?
Why aren't I drunk yet?

All these questions and more can be answered by what remains of our insane regular contributors.

Yes
Probably?
No one will ever know for sure
A good question, sort it out!

oooh look a deadline!
Wittmann
There was no lead time because I was removing a post and accidentally clicked delete topic instead...

Because I was distracted by shiny things.
And then I went OH SHI... and it was too late to stop it.

So here we are.
Because of my incompetence.

But oh well, it WAS getting big so meh tongue.gif
D@V£
QUOTE(Wittmann @ Mar 9 2011, 07:55) *
Is pMaster drunk?
Why aren't I drunk yet?

1. Statistically speaking, pMaster is drunk over 110% of the time. I didn't even know this was possible! ohnoo.gif
2. A paranoid man would read that as you implying something about JdB's personal life, with them being mysteries and such.
3. Not where Jimmy - when!?
4. Because if you weren't occasionally sober you wouldn't be capable of truly appreciating drunkeness? To be honest, I'm not too sure. Omnipotence only goes so far you see...
Wittmann
On the plus side, the deleted thread has inspired greater posting in the new one. And this community does need a little more activity...
We lost so many good, committed, INSANE members. There is only so much crazy left to cover that gap.
pMASTER
ZITAT(JynX @ Mar 9 2011, 10:47) *
oooh look a deadline!
Yeah. They're closing in. Lots of them.

Like I care.

Unfortunately, I do have to care.
ZITAT(D@V£ @ Mar 9 2011, 11:12) *
1. Statistically speaking, pMaster is drunk over 110% of the time. I didn't even know this was possible! ohnoo.gif
I'm not drunk the remaining 10%, but actually producing alcohol. You know, my body cells do that.
ZITAT(D@V£ @ Mar 9 2011, 11:12) *
4. Because if you weren't occasionally sober you wouldn't be capable of truly appreciating drunkeness? To be honest, I'm not too sure. Omnipotence only goes so far you see...
You're the Socrates of this board!
ZITAT(Wittmann @ Mar 9 2011, 11:10) *
There was no lead time because I was removing a post and accidentally clicked delete topic instead...

Because I was distracted by shiny things.
And then I went OH SHI... and it was too late to stop it.

So here we are.
Because of my incompetence.

But oh well, it WAS getting big so meh tongue.gif
So it's basically a horrible waste of tax payer money to let you moderate a state-run internet forum for sixty grand a year? tongue.gif
Wittmann
And based on the results of the consultation write and advice on policy to be turned into legislation.

So yeah... no big deal. No pressure.

(Step 1 - have D@VE declared illegal content within the Commonwealth statutes)

JdB
QUOTE(Wittmann @ Mar 9 2011, 08:55) *

You can leave out the question mark glare.gif
pMASTER
stupid.gif Somebody's being frustrated?
Deadeye
QUOTE(Wittmann @ Mar 9 2011, 08:55) *

Carnival is over, I'm alive again ! Sry about the topic...I will torture the infidel !
Blackbuck
New thread? Change is BAD!
D@V£
QUOTE(MiniMark @ Mar 9 2011, 17:15) *
New thread? Change is BAD!

You're just in a sour mood 'cause your name's not on it anymore tongue.gif
pMASTER
ZITAT(Deadeye @ Mar 9 2011, 17:22) *
Carnival is over, I'm alive again ! Sry about the topic...I will torture the infidel !
Don't tell us your girlfriend did this.
Indigo
What are ny "sensuous mysteries" mean?
and woo smile.gif got accepted into another university ^^
I feel sorry for your kidney pMaster.
Blackbuck
QUOTE(D@V£ @ Mar 9 2011, 17:27) *
You're just in a sour mood 'cause your name's not on it anymore tongue.gif

So true, so true mellow.gif
Wittmann
and woo smile.gif got accepted into another university ^^

Congratulations! biggrin.gif
Studying the same as you are now or different degree structure?
Indigo
QUOTE(Wittmann @ Mar 9 2011, 20:13) *
Congratulations! biggrin.gif
Studying the same as you are now or different degree structure?

Im gonna be studying furniture, interior and spatial design smile.gif mixed with a bit of architecture smile.gif
But if I get the grades to get into ny other offer at nottingham I get to study product and furniture design tongue.gif
hznoping theyll let me take a gap year because ive just been in education non stop for 12 years :/ depends if they let me'though.

p.s. Sorry about spelling I always come on this site on my touch screen phone >< curse my thumbs.
Deadeye
QUOTE(pMASTER @ Mar 9 2011, 19:20) *
Don't tell us your girlfriend did this.

Nah, I'm a free! Happy Single !

Just some friends from the "Osten". Btw the person responsible, totally forgot about his lunatic behaviour....

@Indigo : Congrats !
Blackbuck
Looks like Japan has copped it with an 8.4 quake :\
Deadeye
QUOTE(MiniMark @ Mar 11 2011, 08:54) *
Looks like Japan has copped it with an 8.4 quake :\

I read it was a 8.8. Just saw the tsunami hitting the coast on TV.
Here is hoping for very few casualties, sad.gif
Toadball
Vain hopes to be honest, apparently it travelled 20 miles inland, here's hoping the Emergency services can cope after affects could be just as bad.

A lot of the pacific islands have been evacuated seeing as a fair few are barely above water as it is.
pMASTER
Jesus, what a mess. Mother Earth can be quite a bitch sometimes.

The news say the Fukushima power plant is on the verge of a core meltdown...

My thoughts are with the victims.

Is it only me or do the incidents accumulate? Haiti, Chile, New Zealand, now Japan?
Daniel
Scary footage on the bbc homepage. Some bits look like bad CGI. mellow.gif http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/ Here's hoping the reactor incident doesn't amount to anything.

Bloody hell, some of those videos are intense. Just watched the fire at the industrial site, that fireball is huge.

On a nicer note, i've began pimping out my first airsoft gun (ICS M4 SIR). Just ordered a foregrip, bipod, sling and ACOG with red dot. Now to see if I can persuade my parents to get me one of those visible green laser things for my birthday...
Toadball
Reactor thing: I thought they'd managed to shut down most of the reactors in the affected area, I know the UN reported 4 being shut down successfully which from the Japan nuclear page is the number in the affected area...

RE: airsoft: Good choice my man, I'd recomend one of the PEQ 16 replicas from ebairsoft.com if you're looking for a green laser module (though folk I know have issues with their green lasers at lower temps where red ones work fine. Dave could probably give a rough explanation...)
What site you do you play at?

Continuing the airsoft conversation: M240B arrived on Wednesday, happy bunny I am indeed now I can add it to the 2 M249s smile.gif
could maybe resurect the airsoft thread....
Daniel
Jealous much! Was just reading this thread too: http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?t=97158 That guy's a magician.

I play with a group that I met through OFP at Gunman Airsoft, Tuddenham, Suffolk. PEQ 16 noted. +1 on the Airsoft Thread.

We're doing a Cold War event in April, i'm half on the look out for a nice SLR or Sterling.
Toadball
Ah Panoptes, rivet counter extraordinaire he does have some nice builds though...far far to much effort that I lack though. (That and I like the look of the standard FN-H M240B if anything because among the MAG58 variants about airsoft its one of the fewer seen)
Hop over to airsofters.co.uk at some point, smaller (more eccentric) community but a good bunch of folk with plenty of old hands.

Myself and a bunch of folk shall be descending upon Reading for a friendly night game and attendance at the following gameday at "The Mall" next weekend so happy days there smile.gif
Daniel
Ah, one of our lads plays at The Mall! Keep an eye out for a crazy bastard with a P90, headcam, and general sneaky beakery.
Blackbuck
I know a dude like that up North minus the head cam...
Wittmann
...I'm half way torn between jealousy and 'buch of walts, play paintball or join the army' here.

That L7 looked rather nice though. Aesthetically admirable.
Daniel
Ha, we take it fairly casually, the ex-serving members of the group are pretty fast to call out any walts wearing real unit insignia. wink.gif

It is a bloody good laugh though, you still get the rush and the bruises, just not half as bad as paintball by the look of it.
Toadball
QUOTE(Mark-HH @ Mar 11 2011, 20:11) *
I know a dude like that nu North minus the head cam...

I sold mine remember tongue.gif

Re: Walt's in airsoft, I can understand folk calling airsofters walts as to be fair there are some fairly clueless gits who go about with the berets, patches etc. Though painting us all with the same brush is a tad unrealistic.
Wittmann
Right I am off to hike up to 1400m elevation for funsies because I am an idiot.
And I figure I can work up a thirst that way. Mmmm. Beer.

Try not to shoot the place up too much?
Toadball
Have fun with that smile.gif
Blackbuck
QUOTE(Toadball @ Mar 11 2011, 20:19) *
I sold mine remember tongue.gif

Re: Walt's in airsoft, I can understand folk calling airsofters walts as to be fair there are some fairly clueless gits who go about with the berets, patches etc. Though painting us all with the same brush is a tad unrealistic.

Naw milsim dude bang killing 3 of us.
Toadball
ah yeah, he's been at RAF Basic training since shortly after that if it's Willie you meant and not Chris. Both were on OPFOR and are particularly sneaky barstools.
Blackbuck
Think it was Chris. Just remember him popping round the corner and us basically surrendering.
pMASTER
Fukushima is on the brink. News cite the Japanese government as saying that radioactivity in the facility is a thousand times above permitted values. They hope to stabilize the reactor by letting off radioactive steam and the population has been evacuated in a 10 km radius around the site.
Toadball
@Mark: Sounds like him, all I really remember of the first day is sitting on top of the berm covering the front check point until we got evicted from Edinburgh because of fubar'd ROE ¬_¬

Bang rules've been changed since then at Nomad and Asylum thankfully.

Re: oh-noes-reactor-mibbeh-go-boom-boom
One would assume that 10km is a tad short? Not to familiar with what to expect from meltdowns (epidemiology was always more interesting than fall out) and such...
Daniel
What is the actual danger from radioactive vapour? Presumably it doesn't emit radioactive energy. Inhalation then? Where's Dave when you need scientific answers...
pMASTER
A meltdown is not necessarily the greatest thinkable disaster as long as the gas pressure in the containment building does not endanger the structure's stability. If they let off steam and effectively risk radioactive contamination of the surrounding area, then the pressure must be considerably too high.

//edit
ZITAT(Daniel @ Mar 11 2011, 23:57) *
What is the actual danger from radioactive vapour? Presumably it doesn't emit radioactive energy. Inhalation then? Where's Dave when you need scientific answers...
It may contain all kinds of sources of radiation, including those which are dangerous only if inhalated (Alpha and Beta-radiation) and those which cause considerable damage over a very long time.

Now they say the heads of the fuel rods are not covered with water anymore.
Toadball
Well this looks like it's going to be a pretty expensive mess...
Blackbuck
Depends on how it goes (if it does) It shouldn't do a Chernobyl if they can vent enough steam off. It may just end up like Long Island and be contained over a small area. Then again if it does go up like Chernobyl... It doesn't really bare thinking about.
Toadball
To be fair from what I've read the reactor design should prevent it going quite on the scale of Chernobyl even though it is a bit on the old side.
pMASTER
After revision today's quake is officially a "megaquake" now, with a magnitude of 9.1 among the most powerful events that took place in recorded history. The US geological service says it moved the earth's axis of rotation by 0.1 m.
Just wow.
Toadball
That, is quite something...

Personally I'm blaming this mess on Witty deleting the CCT...you just don't mess around with such forces of nature!
pMASTER
D@V£
QUOTE(Daniel @ Mar 11 2011, 22:57) *

Radioactive vapour or dust (or to give it it's technical term: fallout) is pretty much exactly what it sounds like: particles in the air that are radioactive (so yes, they do emit radiation). They're usually pretty sparse, but much easier to ingest than a lump of radioactive material (as they're airborne, rather than a lump of stuff you'd need to physically eat), which can cause lung cancer or radiation sickness. Best protection is a gas mask, I know some filters will protect against this sort of thing, but you'd have to ask someone more knowledgeable about that sort of thing.

The chances of the plant going Chernobyl are pretty much non-existent. Though that's assuming the plant hasn't been damaged too much by the 'quake.
pMASTER
And that is as the Russkies were highhandedly enough to built a reactor out in the open air, almost doing without any sort of containment...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.