Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Changing/adding crew to vanilla vehicle.
Armed Assault Info Forums > English > Free spins in web3 NFT roulette! [https://stepn.cc/] > Addons - Works in Progress
Ziv
I'm trying to learn a bit of configwriting, so far its going well, but I have one question.

How can I change the crew from an already existing vehicle, in this example the Ka60.
From where I stand now I need the .p3d name, and cant get to it because of the Binarized files.
Anyway to get around that?

DisplayName = "Ka-60 Kasatka";
Faction = "Merc";
vehicleclass = "Air";
scope = 2;
Model = "ca\air_PMC\";
crew = "Pilot_EP1";
D@V£
If you're trying to write a replacement config, it might be better to just do this, because (AFAIK) no other vehicle uses the PMC pilot: (I've used RU_Soldier_Pilot, but you could use anything... I also don't know the classname for the PMC pilot, and I can't find it on the place I normally use to get classnames....)
CODE
class RU_Soldier_Pilot; //External Class reference
class PMC_Pilot: RU_Soldier_Pilot
{
};

As far as I know, it's not possible to write a class replacement for an object in the same config you're referencing it in without the engine exploding from some sort of recurrence unsure.gif (or, you know, a "error in Config.bin line XX: class XYZ already defined" error... you could probably around this by using two different config files, but that might actually cause the engine to explode, so I wouldn't recommend it.)

You'd need to either have the original config to base your work off (which in PMC's case isn't possible, because, as you say, it's locked) or define a whole new class. Which I'd recommend, because it means you don't break every mission made ever tongue.gif
Ziv
Thanks for the reply. Gonn' look in to it tonight!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.