Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Major sound issues.
Armed Assault Info Forums > English > Armed Assault > Troubleshooting
Mockingbirdred
Just got ArmA yesterday, and it runs fine, other than the sound. I couldn't tell you what soundcard I have, but I know it's pretty damn good. This doesnt happen in any of my other games, just ArmA.

Problems include:

Engine noises disappearing altogether.

Gunshots disappearing.

Gunshots being replaced by another sound effect, which gets extremely irritating when you're firing a machine gun, and it's going "roger roger roger roger roger roger roger roger roger roger roger roger roger roger roger " all the frigging time.

Speech cutting out halfway through sentences, or sometimes just not being heard at all.

Anyone else find this? Anyone got any suggestions for fixing it? I've turned off hardware accelerationa and EAX, but to no avail.
P226
QUOTE(Mockingbirdred @ May 22 2007, 01:14) *
Just got ArmA yesterday, and it runs fine, other than the sound. I couldn't tell you what soundcard I have, but I know it's pretty damn good. This doesnt happen in any of my other games, just ArmA.

Problems include:

Engine noises disappearing altogether.

Gunshots disappearing.

Gunshots being replaced by another sound effect, which gets extremely irritating when you're firing a machine gun, and it's going "roger roger roger roger roger roger roger roger roger roger roger roger roger roger roger " all the frigging time.

Speech cutting out halfway through sentences, or sometimes just not being heard at all.
Anyone else find this? Anyone got any suggestions for fixing it? I've turned off hardware accelerationa and EAX, but to no avail.

You shoot "Rogers"?!! Are your drivers up to date? Maybe your soundcard isn't compatible with ArmA? I know in OFP with SB Live! I had issues when turning the hardware acceleration on, sounds were ugly, some loud sounds not even heard etc... But turning it off solved the problem.
Also when playing online ArmA there was a bug in a mission where the leader's character couldn't stop saying roger,roger,roger... Is it online you have this problem or all the time?
Mockingbirdred
QUOTE(P226 @ May 22 2007, 09:07) *
You shoot "Rogers"?!! Are your drivers up to date? Maybe your soundcard isn't compatible with ArmA? I know in OFP with SB Live! I had issues when turning the hardware acceleration on, sounds were ugly, some loud sounds not even heard etc... But turning it off solved the problem.
Also when playing online ArmA there was a bug in a mission where the leader's character couldn't stop saying roger,roger,roger... Is it online you have this problem or all the time?

It's all the time. I really don't think it's the soundcard. I'll try updating the drivers though.

Even with hardware acceleration turned off, it still has problems.
JustExtreme
QUOTE(Mockingbirdred @ May 23 2007, 17:53) *
It's all the time. I really don't think it's the soundcard. I'll try updating the drivers though.

Even with hardware acceleration turned off, it still has problems.

I have your exact same problem although I remember it being ok a few days ago. I have a Realtek HD Audio ALC882, do you have any updates on fixing this?
igor7111
QUOTE(JustExtreme @ Jun 1 2007, 11:08) *
I have your exact same problem although I remember it being ok a few days ago. I have a Realtek HD Audio ALC882, do you have any updates on fixing this?

did you ever get this fixed? i have the same problem.
Silencer
Got the same problem here....engine sound disappearing together with some shot...and, yes, sometimes in choppers I shoot "Rogers" too.....it's really hilarious in multiplayer... smile.gif
Well, as this thread seems pretty much dead, I won't hold my breath since the last post was Jan 5 and now we're in august, but I'm hoping maybe someone eventually figure the problem out!!
Cheers!
JdB
I assume you're using 1.14, the latest ArmA version?

What sound card do you have?
ninjagaijin
im pretty sure its just the 1.14 patch sound engine. try the 1.16 patch, otherwise go back to 1.08..

i just play 1.14 without sound sad.gif all sounds are terrible

using VIA onboard, also tried my RME hammerfall 9652, but that doesnt like games really
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.