Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: BEWARE!!! SprocketIdea And Softwrap Took My Money!
Armed Assault Info Forums > English > Armed Assault > Troubleshooting
D_Fish
__furious.gif So, Friday night 6/8 I download ArmA. Purchase the CD Key and never receive it. I instantly start emailing their support email. I wait until Monday morning (because heaven forbid a software company have customer service hours over the weekend. Yanno, because no one plays their games or has problems over the weekend, right) and I email their support people AGAIN!. I get a request for additional information ( the email I purchased the CD Key under and my name. Which oh, BTW... WERE ON THE ORIGINAL COMPLAINT EMAIL!!!!) Which I glady comply with.

So, I wait ANOTHER day. I get zilch. I send ANOTHER email asking for an update. I get some brush-off reply.

Now I gettin mad so I start CC:-ing people in the company. I get a response from this CSR's "supervisor" asking forgiveness, apologizing, expalaining, yadda-yadda-yadda.... Bottom line, I want my money back. They promise to send a refund.

Yesterday comes and goes... No refund.

Now here's the best part... After threatening to start not only the dispute process with PayPal, but starting a broo-ha-ha with Bohemia and every other company I can think of that has anything to do with Idea-Games........... Ya ready for this???!!

The same jerk that has been NO help from the start ACTUALLY TRIES TO GET ME TO BUY THE GAME AGAIN!!!! THIS TIME, BY BYPASSING PAYPAL AND GIVING IDEA-GAMES MY CREDIT CARD NUMBER DIRECTLY!!!!!

W.
T.
F.

IS GOING ON WITH THIS COMPANY!!!!!!!
Elliot Carver
Lo dude,
Welcome to the forums. Sorry it couldn't be on better terms smile.gif
Well stop me if im wrong but here in the UK i belive its illegal to pass on credit card info without the users permission. If they have been passing your card details off to their affiliates i suggest you can your card and change accounts before you end up buying the entire stock off some dodgy games webbie. You probs wont get your money back as they will have lost all details of your perchase. Hopefully you took details of some sort of ID or purchase email which you might be able to wave at enough people. To be honest its the modern internet, fruad is all its about these days.
Best thing to do is learn from the mistake and go physically buy the game. Thats my advice smile.gif

Cheers
Carver
JdB
There are alot of problems with Sprocket and Softwrap, it often takes days of whining at people to finally have your issue resolved, the problem with you not receiving your cd-key/activation is not unique, many people have this problem. Keep e-mailing them until they comply. What e-mail address are you e-mailing them on?

I could suggest contacting BIS to complain about this, but they'll just redirect you back to either Sprocket or Softwrap again...
gunterlund
Well the same thing has happened to me now. I payed via paypal, received an email to go to the site and run sprocket. It didnt work due to missing setup01.bin file. Got no response from Ideagames on how to fix. Went through the forums for resolution but found none that worked. Now Paypal wont go after them either. I just lost $40 US to this piece of crap called Sprocket. I wish there was a world wide better business bureau to complain to. I guess Ill have to wait for Arma to hit the discount bin before I buy. Thanks Sprocket!!!! *&#%#@)!!!!!!!!
Linker Split
that's why I say: buy it from a shop, not online... really it's better...
Jason
Indeed, but thats not the case for everyone where some shops dont have it.

A mate of mine got QG from Sprocket, once again they failed to send a CD key and a link to an invalid download. He emailed them and after a few days he got a refund along with an apology letter from a supivisor (With spelling from a 5 year old).
communistbastard
I think you should try Direct2Drive, thats how I got my copy of Arma.

No problems, Fast Download (Relatively fast of course), Can activate and D/L as many times as needed

But of course QG won't be available for a while; until its officially released in the US! T_T
Jason
My Clan Game server uses it's own purchased copy of Queens Gambit, so we didn't have to upload files from our computers, we could download them legally and if we ever need to reformat we can easily get it again since we are able to download the expansion again and again. We used Metaboli. Are they European Only based as well ? sad.gif
berbinator
I hate to be a party pooper but i got my version from sprocket.... slapped down the money and got the cd key the next day or two blues.gif
sounds like i'm lucky??
JdB
QUOTE(berbinator @ Nov 2 2007, 04:42) *
I hate to be a party pooper but i got my version from sprocket.... slapped down the money and got the cd key the next day or two blues.gif
sounds like i'm lucky??

That is the problem with so many "problems" in this community. You only hear the dissatisfied few, the people who are happy generally aren't as vocal.
berbinator
QUOTE(JdB @ Nov 2 2007, 08:40) *
That is the problem with so many "problems" in this community. You only hear the dissatisfied few, the people who are happy generally aren't as vocal.

well thats cause happy people dont need to complain maybe biggrin.gif ..... and i was vocal yammer.gif
sniiki
Purchased Arma extension 6 days ago, download link didn't work and I didn't ever receive any email except the paypal confirmation. So no cd-key either. No reply from support, tried softwrap and sprocket...
Registered to their site with the email used in purchase and well.. no games shown in account like it's supposed to be.

Hell.. even hardware support like abit is faster and they usually take forever to answer!

I say avoid like a plague!
Retro19
Why not ebay it maybe second hand but if you get mugged off you know its gonna get resolved. As linker split said just get it from a shop. I had to sit on a bus for a good 2 hours to get a computer game store to get my Arma. It was totally worth it. Saves you feeling a fool and pissed off because a company have got away with your money.
sniiki
Online shopping ~10 years now and REALLY the first time some store takes this kind of bullshit on me. I'm not a game addict and I have a car so I don't have to sit on bus for 2 hours rolleyes.gif but I sure am lazy and used to online stores.

And anywayz these "buy it from shop" replies are totally useless anyway.

Instead tell us if theres any good experiences from this shop of the topic.
Retro19
Well i bought Operation Flashpoint on ebay a month after buy arma from a shop. Im sorry if i offend anyone but i think that the normal way to buy a game is to get off your arse go down the shop buy the game you want instead of buying it from a company on the internet who rip you off and then you moan about it. If there is no shops for miles and i mean driving for about 4-5 hours then i understand but if not i just call it lazy. www.play.com and ebay are the 2 website which i know are definatly reliable on buying games instead of downloading the game and paying for a cd key, you buy the actual dvd or cd rom or whatever they call it these days with no confusion and no worries. All i can say is learn from your mistakes. Buying games online is obvioulsy has its flaws but buying games from shops is the normal safe way. The whole game adict thing doesnt apply to me i am not addicted to games im just not lazy if i want somthing ill go out and buy it. I wanted Arma soooo i went out and i bought it being a game adict has nothing to do with it. I maybe wrong but judging from your posts your just abit lazy cant be arsed to go out and get the things you want so you rely on the internet to get what you want and now youve been mugged off and are moaning to us about it instead of getting in your car and driving down the buy the game. Im sorry if i come across as rude just giving my view on this.

Cheers,

Retro
sniiki
No you're very much right but I wasn't that serious about the lazyness wink.gif . Just that I've learned to trust to the online stores along the years and that's why it sucks now, but I'm not moaning (well maybe a bit yes smile.gif ) but more I just wanted to tell my story about this shop.

And thurth is I was a bit skeptical about this store but then again, it was advertised in Arma frontpage. Anyhow wanted to try it and it was also ~10euros cheaper from there than to order the real media from the shop here in finland.

Now I think the steam remains the only buy & download store that I trust.
Retro19
Yeah ive heard steam is good
Sheildsy
Never had an issue with steam in my whole life.
I have once been ripped off via e-bay....the company i wired the money too took off my credit card details.
Off to e-bay i went, with a full legal report, assistance from the Internet Crimes unit of the Federal Police and the kind help of E-bay providing the Details of the gentleman who ripped me off, we went to court and whalla!
I got my whole $71 AUD back...he picked up the tabs for the legal costs...13 other victims got money back and he is bubbas little bitch for around 4 yrs now, plus i got around $320 in damages and compo for missing a days work to go to the hearing.

Rule- There are dickheads in E-bay, but E-bay supported me through the whole thing, even sending the Sydney, Australia rep to my house to discuss the issue.
sniiki
Have to post postive news:

I got my money back as I asked in the last mail I sent them.
Told that they were busy as there was only 1 guy checking the mails. I understand that it's hell of a workload for one guy but shouldn't they hire more so they could keep up the reasonable support.
Well anyways their service works but is a bit slooow.
mathias92
Oh my. I just bought this two hours ago and downloading it now. I didnt get a key in my email either :/. But I sent a email to them so I hope I'll get it tomorow.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.