Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: japanese animes?
Armed Assault Info Forums > English > OT Discussions
d@nte
do you like the japanese animes? and which ones?

personally i stopped to watch that since 10 years (i'm 33 years old). but one week ago, when i was bored, i looked at an episode of Naruto shippuuden (after, i looked at the others) , and finally now, i'm interested again by the japanese animes. biggrin.gif

i'm curious to know other animes happy.gif
Jukka
I don't really like Anime. But couple of years ago I did watch Neon Genesis Evangelion
reed101
Hi mate , your around my age so , you might appreciate the sublety of some the studio ghibli collection , personally my favourites
Spirited away
Grave of the fire flies
Princess Minonoke
Naussica of the valley of the wind
Laputa castle in the sky
my neighbour totoro
Howls Moving castle
kikis delivery service
the cat returns
whisper of the heart
only yesterday
porco rosso
pom poko

not too much violence in any of these , check em out on rotten tomatoes.
d@nte
hey, cool thx. it's really difficult to find some good anims which can be also seen by adults. happy.gif

btw i like very ghost in the shell. do you know other anims like this one?
D@VŁ
I don't like Anime.

What I don't like even less is when decent cartoons are remade as Animes.

The only thing I hate more than the above two is Anime MegaFans! ohmy.gif
But that's more the kind of "complete fear of" hate. They creep me out! ohmy.gif
d@nte
this anime http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trigun is also cool. the story is excellent. i like the idea of scifi\cowboys. happy.gif
Elliot Carver
Lo Folks,

A good one to watch is Hellsing...
Hellsing (Herushingu) is an anime TV series produced by GONZO, based on the manga of the same name by Kouta Hirano. The name is either a mistranslation or deliberate alternate spelling of Helsing, as in Abraham van Helsing from the Bram Stoker novel Dracula.
The 13-episode TV series was produced by GONZO in 2001, with the story and characters quite different from the original manga. The TV series was broadcast on Fuji Television in Japan

Alucard FTW!

Cheers
Carver
Jimboob
Does pokémon count?
d@nte
yeah, if you are 8 years old biggrin.gif blues.gif
reed101
Hi D@NTE , just thought of some more , though like i say Ghibli are my prefered coice , i find most anime very crap, too many explosions and fighting and not enough originality , although here are some of my non ghibli favourites from over the years , some are qiute old now,

AKIRA the original and no list should be without it , a must if you havent seen yet. although dated a lot.

Fist of the North Star , fighting blood guts over acting and more fighting , was amazing at the time though now seams , unwatchable to me.

Patlabor 1 and 2 havent seen 3 great big robots detective noir fantastic art, classic. Dated a bit

Wings of the Homeanise mature great visuals very slow pace. still quite contemporary.

Steamboy The guy that made Akira comes back with this , great visuals poor story.

Venus Wars classic bikes future wars , kinda childish but still good, really old should be cheap.

Jin Roh pretty amazing at the time , cival war anarchist, good story great visuals , a deffinate must. again dated a bit , but still some great animation.

Animatrix great selection of Anime , matrix , not good if you dont, like the matrix, but great if you do , although most stand alone quite well, some really nice anime styles in this, though i imagine most people have seen it.

Most of these are worth seeing some more than others , these a re all quite old but still stand the test, i havent seen much new anime apart from ghibli , i find it a bit hit and miss, so if you find a good one let me know.
Regards NeilReed101
d@nte
wow, thx a lot. i'm going to take a look at them. happy.gif
Marxist
this one is also good , old as me , but , great storytelling and graphics - Ninja Scroll
Flyer
I'm not an anime fan, but I like good story's and nice pictures. And that's why I like some of the animes:
Jin Roh
Ghost in the shell (philosophically)
Cowboy Bebop
(Golden Boy) wink.gif
Denz
Personally I think you can't go wrong with Martian Successor Nadesico.
If you used to play RPGs on the SNES and I think it was released for the playstation how about Record of Lodoss War

Are you into any particular genre?
d@nte
not really, my tastes are really varied biggrin.gif
Marxist
but my personal favorite is Yu Yu Hakusho !
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.