Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OFP alive and kicking
Armed Assault Info Forums > English > Operation Flashpoint
Jackal
I have been on several OFP sites lately. While many OFP fans have made/are making the transition to ArmA, this post is to inform you that OFP has not died. There are several servers still kicking with players, ours being one of them. I do not want to make this a blatant clan ad, but for those 69% OFP.info poll of you who still got a love for the original, check out all of the servers still running strong. Long live OFP and we'll see you on the battlefields of ArmA and OFP2 and Game2 drunk.gif
JdB
Good to see that people are still playing it smile.gif

I don't really play online though. I mostly play SP with the FFSX mod.
Blackbuck
Me, Scorpy, Rellikki and his mates play NogVille quite a lot...
Bence
I hate when someone's talking about the "death" of OFP! OFP is alive. I still play a lot with friends from all around the world I can't say that the servers are empty or something.
Long live OFP!
Linker Split
QUOTE(Bence @ Oct 1 2007, 15:57) *
I hate when someone's talking about the "death" of OFP! OFP is alive. I still play a lot with friends from all around the world I can't say that the servers are empty or something.
Long live OFP!

quote ph34r.gif
even if i moved to ArmA, I still test a lot in OFP, also my missions
Cervo
And there are still new addons made for ofp !
Linker Split
QUOTE(Cervo @ Oct 1 2007, 22:22) *
And there are still new addons made for ofp !

yeah, OFP is still alive!!!! thumbsup.gif
AtStWalker
QUOTE(Linker Split @ Oct 1 2007, 20:07) *
I still test a lot in OFP, also my missions

..and 'baby' ph34r.gif
Wittmann
Dont go offtopic please. The next spammer, gets a 24HR PR.
BigglesTrevor
the awsome thing about playing OFP online now is the players are incredable. Only the cream of OFP fans are really left, i dont think ive seen an argumant or team killers blah blah in ages. Theres also alot of team work now, even with people you dont know. Compare it to the ArmA community which personally i see no better as a bunch of xbox live players.
Rellikki
QUOTE(Helping Hand @ Sep 30 2007, 19:47) *
Me, Scorpy, Rellikki and his mates play NogVille quite a lot...

Yeah, so if anyone is willing to join, we have several games every week. We're playing Serial Killer, our own modified versions of Nogville and some funny stuff. Contact me if interested! wink.gif
Small-Chicken
ours being one of them

LOOOOOL, Ofp.info server is always empty, if your lucky you might catch 2 people there once every 2 montsh biggrin.gif
Tetraplegix
I'm still playing on it CHICKEN...
Gunslinger
I think Ofp is easer to mod.

I dont think ArmA or ArmA2 will out last OFP

Ofp is going on 8 years old and its still kicken (best 8years of game playing)
brataccas
yep, i reinstalled OFP recent, and thinking of binning crappy arma. I had a nice 15v15 capture and hold online ofp smile.gif

does anyone know if the falklands mod has a campaign with it?
Elliot Carver
We are working on trying to get a playable campaign for the mod to be released with but time is a major constraint. Any help would be greatly appreciated!! March 6th, 2007

From what i remember Flashpoint in the Falklands didnt release with a campaign but by the looks of things they were trying smile.gif
anyways long time no see buddy thumbsup.gif
Toadball
anyone interested in helping with a side project for OFP? Small mp gamemode idea with possible mod possibilities. MSN me or PM me if your interested, not releasingfurther details on boards in case the usual happens: I start a good idea, and get work load if other people help they can continue it on.

PS: the idea should be easilly portable to ArmA which i'd really apreciate if no one else joins some one helps me port the thing over just now its purely script based on vanilla ofp but hope to expand into addons etc.
brataccas
I still got a shedload of unreleased addons for ofp sweatingbullets.gif
Toadball
should release em 'ere then lol
CoPèTe
QUOTE(brataccas @ Jan 4 2008, 23:54) *
I still got a shedload of unreleased addons for ofp sweatingbullets.gif

I too, but I am too lazy to modificate them in order to release them Malajn.gif

fuckoff.gif fuckoff.gif fuckoff.gif
brataccas
what addons have you? ohmy.gif
JdB
Alot of addonmakers have stuff laying around that they never released, and that they probably never will because they don't feel it's good enough, or because it would take too much time to complete. I wonder what kind of things we could have had, but missed out on sad.gif
Toadball
will be working on a fictional weapons pack for the Outbreak mod which i intend on releasing to here exclusively tongue.gif wont be non-fictional because that would suck some of the fun out of what is in effect the merging of several mediocre zombie film plot lines with ofp tongue.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.