IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Forum Rules ArmedAssault.info Forum Rules
2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Women in ArmA2, Why can't women drive all vehicles?
stan779
post Jan 23 2010, 15:00
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,379

I let my daughter drice around Chernarus, put ,oads of cars and bikes on the map and she is happy. (I'm not, 'cos my pc is then blocked for hours.)
She has a question: "why can't the female figures drive/ride all the vehicles?" She is only alloweds to use civilian stuff, no guns , etc
Any ideas?

Quote Post
D@V£
post Jan 23 2010, 15:24
Post #2

Gee, I wish we had one of them doomsday machines.
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 155

BIS being lazy and not adding a full set of animations for women.

Unfortunately I don't know if possible to change them to use a different animation set without having access to the MLOD format models, so there's no real fix for this right now.

--------------------
The Rules - Nothing too complicated, follow these and we'll have no problems.
Moderation Feedback Thread - Tell everyone how much you hate me love me secretly fear that Mark is watching you while you sleep. secretly wish that Mark is watching you while you sleep.
Site Issues Thread - Complain about site issues here. We might even fix them!
Community Chatter Thread - Furthest Mud-sling gets a free subscription to "JdB Monthly".

QUOTE(Major Mike Shearer)
We can categorically state that we have not released man-eating badgers into the area.
QUOTE(Brace Belden)
A machine gun is like a woman, I don’t understand it, I’m afraid of it, and one day I’ll accidentally be killed by one.

Quote Post
JdB
post Jan 23 2010, 17:30
Post #3

Hipster addonmaker

Group: Former .info Serviceman
Member No.: 10

QUOTE(D@V£ @ Jan 23 2010, 15:24) *
BIS being lazy and not adding a full set of animations for women.

It has nothing to do with being lazy. It costs a lot of development time (= money) to create a full set of animations, and this way, you can prevent public outcry for having female soldiers killing and being killed by having a perfectly reasonable economic excuse. Also neither the USMC, nor the RF forces use women in front line combat roles, only in supporting roles, so it has a low priority. I would love to make supply runs around bases or towns etc, without any fighting, but most people wouldn't enjoy that kind of mission very much.

This post has been edited by I44_John: Jan 23 2010, 17:32

--------------------
Creator of dodgy ArmA:CWA addons.

Quote Post
stan779
post Jan 23 2010, 19:11
Post #4

Thanks for the prompt replies!
My girls will have to learn programming or become older and then be allowed to shoot online!

Quote Post
D@V£
post Jan 23 2010, 19:41
Post #5

Group Icon

QUOTE(I44_John @ Jan 23 2010, 16:30) *
It has nothing to do with being lazy. It costs a lot of development time (= money) to create a full set of animations, and this way, you can prevent public outcry for having female soldiers killing and being killed by having a perfectly reasonable economic excuse. Also neither the USMC, nor the RF forces use women in front line combat roles, only in supporting roles, so it has a low priority. I would love to make supply runs around bases or towns etc, without any fighting, but most people wouldn't enjoy that kind of mission very much.

The Russian Federation does (doesn't it? I know there's women in the Specnaz), as does almost every resistance movement. And "supporting roles" will almost always see their share of combat.

So, being able to kill armed women = bad, but being able to kill unarmed women = good? By your argument they simply shouldn't include women at all! I doubt there's any political correctness reason to it all. Besides, there are a sh*tton of games with female antagonists that haven't caused any public outcry. (Soldier of Fortune, Wolfenstein 3D etc)

Besides, time and money are the same thing in the business world! So not including something for economic reasons is pretty much the same thing as laziness tongue.gif

--------------------
Moderation Feedback Thread - Tell everyone how much you hate me love me secretly fear that Mark is watching you while you sleep. secretly wish that Mark is watching you while you sleep.
Community Chatter Thread - Furthest Mud-sling gets a free subscription to "JdB Monthly".

We can categorically state that we have not released man-eating badgers into the area.
QUOTE(Brace Belden)
A machine gun is like a woman, I don’t understand it, I’m afraid of it, and one day I’ll accidentally be killed by one.

Quote Post
Tony Danza
post Jan 24 2010, 06:58
Post #6

From: Blue house with a blue little window and little blue corvette AND EVERYTHING IS BLUE!
Member No.: 6,268

Women can't fight because ArmA II is simulator, dummy!

Quote Post
stan779
post Jan 24 2010, 11:18
Post #7

The last answer was bullsh*t. Some of the best russian snipers in WW2 were women.
p.s, I'm a man, ex British Army, and I eat lots of red meat. But the last comment was still bullsh*t.

Quote Post
Jeza
post Jan 24 2010, 14:59
Post #8

Guests

Granted Danza no need for that last answer, not that it makes sense either way. If i remember correctly stan, someone did release a female soldier addon for arma1, as for animations that's a different matter so, maybe requesting the mod to be ported, im sure it'll be on armedassault.info downloads somewhere.

Quote Post
D@V£
post Jan 24 2010, 15:26
Post #9

Group Icon

QUOTE(Tony Danza @ Jan 24 2010, 05:58) *
Women can't fight because ArmA II is simulator, dummy!

QUOTE(The Rules)
[§2] No bigotry

Racists, sexists, homophobes or any other type of bigots are not welcome on these forums, such offenses will very likely result in an immediate and permanent ban. Usernames that are inappropriate and in breach of this rule will result in an immediate and permanent ban.

+1wb, +48hr PR

--------------------

QUOTE(Brace Belden)

Quote Post
LT. Drake Jackson
post Jan 24 2010, 17:57
Post #10

Member No.: 5,875

Good idea porting the mod to ArmA 2, and well, as I heard, its a man model, modified corpse to make it look like a woman (And config modified to put a woman voice, cos ArmA 1 brings a femenine voice to choose, last one on the voice list), it should have no problem with animations, in other words, a fine and acurate job, as I saw, there are many models of women in both combat and civilian in ArmA 1 (Some of them have got a really hight detail), so porting them to ArmA 2 would be a great time saving and acurate job for your problem stan779

Good day guys.

Quote Post
Benoist
post Jan 24 2010, 22:30
Post #11

ArmA.info Sarcasm Society's Mr. Argentina 2012
Group Icon

Group: Newshound
Member No.: 1,502

I'm just here to say that a woman kicked my ass once in a amateur boxing match. After that I have a lot of respect for women and their fighting habilities.

You can carry on.

Quote Post
Jeza
post Jan 24 2010, 22:56
Post #12

Guests

Ouch I know the feeling benoist, but for me was in Karate smile.gif

Quote Post
Vmbertvs
post Feb 7 2010, 22:12
Post #13

Member No.: 7,167

Hi everyone.
I used Tanya as woman warrior in ARMA II. She starts without weapons, compass or map, but it's a female.

Quote Post
stan779
post Feb 8 2010, 11:20
Post #14

Cool! Thanks for the tip.
Now I need to buy a new computer, the girls have taken mine over........ mad.gif

Quote Post
pMASTER
post Feb 8 2010, 13:23
Post #15

Gentleman Usher of the Coffee Stain
Group Icon

Group: Site Team
Member No.: 19

That's an ArmA I addon though.

--------------------
Google Google and Google will google Google!

R.I.P. Jacky *1996-†2014

Quote Post
Jeza
post Feb 8 2010, 15:44
Post #16

Guests

Yup should be said that it will require caa1 mod unless it is ported over. smile.gif

Quote Post
stan779
post Feb 8 2010, 22:45
Post #17

but it works! I dont have CAA!, get a fault message because of the weapons, but she is there!

Quote Post
Vmbertvs
post Feb 9 2010, 15:10
Post #18

Member No.: 7,167

Yes, it's an ARMA 1 Add on, and it "works" requiring no previously mod or add on as far as I know.
Hail the age of the female superwarriors! worship.gif

Quote Post
UKGBlazero
post Feb 10 2010, 02:12
Post #19

Member No.: 1,007

awww benoist bit like my ex O_o lol but ya bring on the female's with guns lol

--------------------

'The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious.'
- Albert Einstein

Quote Post
bidiot
post Jul 7 2010, 13:28
Post #20

Member No.: 7,914

It is pretty stupid that lack of women being able to do stuff in game. Women are in combat situations all the time now, MY driver while in iraq was a chick(granted she was a terrible driver but that was just her) she got more combat experience then most of the guys in our company.

Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
3 User(s) are reading this topic (3 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 02:21