IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Forum Rules ArmedAssault.info Forum Rules
4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> ArmA II: Vehicles, Armed Assault II Vehicle Info.
Benoist
post Apr 8 2009, 21:36
Post #41

ArmA.info Sarcasm Society's Mr. Argentina 2012
Group Icon

Group: Newshound
Member No.: 1,502

Who ho! Tomorrow we will see the boats and I hope that the LHD they showed at the end of a video (long ago) is in the release version.
Moreover, you could see soldiers in the deck, so I guess, did they finally found a way to solve the problem with "walkable" boats?

Quote Post
wipman
post Apr 8 2009, 21:37
Post #42

Group: Members
Member No.: 476

Hi, i always though that by the year 2011 most of the eastern look alike republics will have some
more modern vehicles on their streets aside of the small villages with Lada, Lada Niva, those URAL
that look like as taken out from when Stalin was corporal, but i guess that in a OFP look alike
atmosphere, they fit perfectly. But that damn Skoda... damn, 3 games and we've to keep standing
that 1.3L "car"!?. Thanks to God that the BIS member responsible of that ignomine didn't had a damn
Fiat 500 or a Simca 1200. I hope that BIS has made something to fix the deadly bikes, maybe now
we can also die ridiculously climbing to a peak "with that Storm Trooper mountain trap..." . But it
looks well done; we've to see how it works. Let's C ya

--------------------

Quote Post
Blackhawk
post Apr 9 2009, 01:08
Post #43

Member No.: 3,122

Did anyone notice that the M270 MLRS was added to the tracked vehicles section?

--------------------

Quote Post
Big_Rooney
post Apr 9 2009, 03:03
Post #44

Member No.: 1,271

QUOTE(Blackhawk @ Apr 9 2009, 01:08) *
Did anyone notice that the M270 MLRS was added to the tracked vehicles section?

Yes, I updated the topic the minute it was released, Its second down on the Tracked Military Vehicles.

--------------------

Irish and Proud of it - You got a problem with that.

Quote Post
D@V£
post Apr 9 2009, 12:28
Post #45

Gee, I wish we had one of them doomsday machines.
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 155

Kamaz has been renamed Zamak! ohnoo.gif (Mouse over text, before you take the opportunity to "correct" me on that Rooney wink.gif )
Ah... copyright infringement... what fun tongue.gif

--------------------
The Rules - Nothing too complicated, follow these and we'll have no problems.
Moderation Feedback Thread - Tell everyone how much you hate me love me secretly fear that Mark is watching you while you sleep. secretly wish that Mark is watching you while you sleep.
Site Issues Thread - Complain about site issues here. We might even fix them!
Community Chatter Thread - Furthest Mud-sling gets a free subscription to "JdB Monthly".

QUOTE(Major Mike Shearer)
We can categorically state that we have not released man-eating badgers into the area.
QUOTE(Brace Belden)
A machine gun is like a woman, I don’t understand it, I’m afraid of it, and one day I’ll accidentally be killed by one.

Quote Post
Big_Rooney
post Apr 9 2009, 13:09
Post #46

*UPDATE NEWS*

The last vehicles have been revealed, The Ships have been revealed on the Official ArmA II Website.

Ships And Boats:

ArmA 2 offers a few small military boats, along with Chernarussian fishing boats.

Fishing Boat:
Simple boat used to catch fish in the sea. According to the international Food and Agriculture Organization there are about 4 million of commercial fishing boats worldwide. This is one of them.

Fishing Boat Picture

PBX:
The PBX is a Combat Rubber Craft very similar to the CRRC in design. It is intended to be used for maritime raids and infiltration, as well as riverine operations.

PBX Picture

RHIB:
The Naval Special Warfare Rigid Hull Inflatable Boat (RHIB) is a fast, high-buoyancy all weather boat designed to transport a fully equipped team of eight men and three crew members. It is also fully transportable by C-130 Hercules. This one is equipped with an Mk 19, 40 mm grenade launcher.

RHIB Picture

Private Small Boat:
Many Chernarussians own small private boats, which are mostly used for fishing and recreation. Treacherous currents and hidden rocks make these vessels perfect for navigation along the Chernarussian coastline.

Private Small Boat Picture

NOTE:
This is the end of the Vehicle Sections but just like the weapons I'm pretty sure that BIS will continue to add a few extras along the road to release, If they do I will be sure to report them here for all to see, I'll be keeping a regular eye on the ArmA II Website for updates.

This post has been edited by Big_Rooney: Apr 9 2009, 13:28

--------------------

Quote Post
Big_Rooney
post Apr 9 2009, 13:11
Post #47

QUOTE(D@V£ @ Apr 9 2009, 12:28) *
Kamaz has been renamed Zamak! ohnoo.gif (Mouse over text, before you take the opportunity to "correct" me on that Rooney wink.gif )
Ah... copyright infringement... what fun tongue.gif

What language section are you looking at, The English site's Kamaz (Repair) has been renamed to Utility Truck (Repair)

--------------------

Quote Post
wipman
post Apr 9 2009, 14:44
Post #48

Hi, i hope that they add something more to the boats/ships section, it's very poor right now
and i'll like to check that LHD and also know if there gonna be any LCAC for the BLUFOR;
about the cars... i don't know, i think that some 90s cars will fit better, some Audi 80, 90,
100, some Quattro too, some volkswagen polo and scirocco... and some 80s car; that car
with box, don't looks credible, i've made many paintjobs for NASCAR cars and belive me,
only a kid with a single hand and few lights would had painted it in a so poor way choosing
those colours that don't even match between each other, i mean this one:

That car interior is pimp and well done but the exterior... tjo! tjo!, and what're the Toyota
Hilux doing at the side of that 50s or 60s green truck?, i think that some Man trucks, some
Pegaso or just some more modern truck for the civilians will be very good and will help us
to belive that we're in the 2011 in what was a ex-sovietic republic; for what i seen on the
TV, they had modern and not that old cars by the streets and on the villages. Let's C ya

--------------------

Quote Post
d@nte
post Apr 9 2009, 14:57
Post #49

head in the stars

Member No.: 32

yep, i agree this paint is uggly, and the choice of the civilian vehicles a little bit strange. only a "volskwagen" and always the poor skoda ohmy.gif

--------------------

Un ali mat zo mat bepred Ha pa ve digant ur sot e ve

(Good advice is always good, even though it comes from an idiot).

Quote Post
D@V£
post Apr 9 2009, 15:06
Post #50

Gee, I wish we had one of them doomsday machines.
Group Icon

Member No.: 155

QUOTE(Big_Rooney @ Apr 9 2009, 13:11) *
What language section are you looking at [sic], The English site's Kamaz (Repair) has been renamed to Utility Truck (Repair)

QUOTE(Yours Truly @ Earlier)
Mouse over text, before you take the opportunity to "correct" me on that Rooney wink.gif

As in, the text that shows up when you hold your mouse over the picture wink.gif

Anyone else get the feeling there's vehicles in that aren't in this section? As Vilas' pointed out the other frogfoot (does it have a new reporting name? I forget...) may be included for Russian forces, as well as a larger ship... the CRRC also seems to be implied to be present in the PBX's description...

--------------------
The Rules - Nothing too complicated, follow these and we'll have no problems.
Moderation Feedback Thread - Tell everyone how much you hate me love me secretly fear that Mark is watching you while you sleep. secretly wish that Mark is watching you while you sleep.
Site Issues Thread - Complain about site issues here. We might even fix them!
Community Chatter Thread - Furthest Mud-sling gets a free subscription to "JdB Monthly".

QUOTE(Major Mike Shearer)
We can categorically state that we have not released man-eating badgers into the area.
QUOTE(Brace Belden)
A machine gun is like a woman, I don’t understand it, I’m afraid of it, and one day I’ll accidentally be killed by one.

Quote Post
Blackbuck
post Apr 9 2009, 15:37
Post #51

ArmA.info Sarcasm Society's Appointed Olivia Wilde Stalker
Group Icon

Member No.: 113

Su-25TM I believe is the designation for it. I think Sukhoi did what it did with the Su-34 and just designated it a number they wanted to...

--------------------

--------------------
Heed my words or risk being beaten with a stick then fed to my associate D@V£
The Rules - Most places have rules, these are ours Read them!
Moderation Feedback Thread - Let everyone know how much you don't like D@V£
--------------------

Quote Post
Focha
post Apr 9 2009, 15:52
Post #52

Member No.: 909

"The Naval Special Warfare Rigid Hull Inflatable Boat (RHIB) is a fast, high-buoyancy all weather boat designed to transport a fully equipped team of eight men and three crew members. It is also fully transportable by C-130 Hercules. This one is equipped with an Mk 19, 40 mm grenade luncher."

Does that mean that we will have the option to put something in the C-130 belly? Or even paradrop things...

Quote Post
Big_Rooney
post Apr 10 2009, 03:21
Post #53

As in, the text that shows up when you hold your mouse over the picture

Ah yes, Apologizes. The text description was Zamak last week for a about 6 hours, then BIS changed it.

Anyone else get the feeling there's vehicles in that aren't in this section?

The Su-25 was called the Su-39 last week when it was released, The Su-39 is the upgraded Russian version of the Su-25.

All I know for a fact is that there is more to the Vehicle Section than meets the eye, Dozens of vehicles are been hidden from us by BIS. This is the stuff to keep us happy and content.

This post has been edited by Big_Rooney: Apr 10 2009, 03:22

--------------------

Quote Post
Benoist
post Apr 11 2009, 20:07
Post #54

Group Icon

People! I found this in BI Forum, you are going to love me at 5:00, there you will see some specific units and something very, very interesting...

Quote Post
Rellikki
post Apr 11 2009, 20:55
Post #55

Group Icon

Group: Addon Maker
Member No.: 13

QUOTE(Benoist @ Apr 11 2009, 22:07) *
you are going to love me at 5:00, there you will see some specific units and something very, very interesting...

Dear god, no. How can you play when the camera shakes like that? It'll only cause motion sickness...

Quote Post
wipman
post Apr 11 2009, 21:10
Post #56

Hi, i think that the head movement must be a switchable option, just like in the AAO; but's nice i think.
By the way, that AI look just as dumb as the current ArmA's AI, will you remain in the same place if
you see a T72 comming towars you...?? i don't think so... unless that you want to die, they should forget
about everything and run for cover as if they had the evil on the toes. Stupid AI... . Let's C ya

--------------------

Quote Post
JdB
post Apr 11 2009, 21:17
Post #57

Hipster addonmaker

Group: Former .info Serviceman
Member No.: 10

QUOTE(Rellikki @ Apr 11 2009, 21:55) *
Dear god, no. How can you play when the camera shakes like that? It'll only cause motion sickness...

As they said in the video, they're experimenting with it, this was the alpha version, it depends on the weight the player is carrying, and it is optional.

Imo if they reduced it in the final version by like 50%, it would be great.

--------------------
Creator of dodgy ArmA:CWA addons.

Quote Post
Rellikki
post Apr 11 2009, 21:18
Post #58

Group Icon

Member No.: 13

Good to hear it's optional, otherwise it would've been pretty unplayable for some people, including me. puking2.gif

Quote Post
Benoist
post Apr 11 2009, 22:05
Post #59

Group Icon

QUOTE(Rellikki @ Apr 11 2009, 16:55) *

Haha, I was refering to the confirmation of the LHD and some specific troops, as the "LHD Crew" that is talking with the pilot.

Quote Post
Linker Split
post Apr 12 2009, 07:20
Post #60

literally the BIG BOSS of OFP
Group Icon

Member No.: 66

the shaking head is IMO a very interesting idea.
It's like in Far Cry 2, where you have to run and your head shake like hell with some nice effects!

--------------------
Visit my blog about Poker at Blogspot.com

-->TUTORIAL ON HOW TO MAKE NORMAL MAPPING IN ARMA!<--
-->MATERIAL EDITOR TUTORIAL!<--
-->DOWNLOAD MY HDT ISLAND!<--
judgement = hypocritical and slightly deluded

Quote Post

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
3 User(s) are reading this topic (3 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st June 2024 - 21:42