Forum Rules ArmedAssault.info Forum Rules

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> About to buy, want advice on Mods
grechzoo
post Mar 5 2009, 22:04
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 5,272

big time fan of operation flashpoint, heard this was the best thing out there in terms of recent releases. after doing a bit of research on these forums, it seems the mod community is absolutely amazing.

im you guys to point me in the direction of the right mod for me.

1: i need a good 3rd person view. as while the demo i played is aweosme, i always find it hard to properly enjoy the 1st person perspective.
2: im hoping the above can be included in an overall mod, that improves lots of things as well as adding the 3rd person view.

also can i get advice on mod compatability with certain versions of the game, ei. i dont want to install it and update it to the latest edition and then find that the mod that has everything i want only works with an earlier version.

i really hope you can help and i hope ill be enjoying this game to its fullest soon enough smile.gif

thanks a lot!! biggrin.gif

~
Grech

This post has been edited by grechzoo: Mar 5 2009, 22:18

Quote Post
gearofwar123
post Mar 5 2009, 22:51
Post #2

Group Icon

Group: User Banned
Member No.: 3,345

Uh.... MOD THE ENTIRE GAME DOWNLOAD EVERYTHING!!!! MY adodns is 20 gigs and climbing and its WORTH IT!

--------------------
Du

Du hast

Du HAST MIHSCK!!!!! -Rammestein

Quote Post
grechzoo
post Mar 5 2009, 23:49
Post #3

Member No.: 5,272

haha, sounds cool, nbut could you expand on some of your favourite and important mods?

and maybe help me out with my newbie concerns in the Original post, so i dont do anythign wrong.

Quote Post
D@V£
post Mar 6 2009, 00:51
Post #4

Gee, I wish we had one of them doomsday machines.
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 155

There's a better over-shoulder mod floating around somewhere. Can't find a link right now, but there is one. I'm sure someone else'll post it just to show me up... I think it's on the mainpage somewhere, and I know it's on ArmAholic....

As for the idea of a huge mod... not really necessary! ArmA/OFP are the most modular games (or, simulations, if you prefer) you'll find. If you like the biggun' though (can't blame you tongue.gif ) have a look at CSLA3 or FDF mod. But you'll definitely be missing out if you don't have a look at the smaller addons. Stuff like JOH's USMC and the RHS's Russian Soldiers aren't packed along with missions and the like, but the editor is extremely easy to use (a 5 year old can make a simple engagement mission).

As for compatibility, pretty much everything is compatible with the latest version. You'd be extremely hard-pressed to find an addon that isn't. A word of advice though, if you're planning on getting it, don't get the steam version, if you really want to download it, get the sprocketidea version linked to on the mainpage), as some people have problems updating to the latest version (IIRC, the steam version will only update to 1.08 correctly), there's probably a workaround, but it's more complex than teaching weasels to do disco...

--------------------
The Rules - Nothing too complicated, follow these and we'll have no problems.
Moderation Feedback Thread - Tell everyone how much you hate me love me secretly fear that Mark is watching you while you sleep. secretly wish that Mark is watching you while you sleep.
Site Issues Thread - Complain about site issues here. We might even fix them!
Community Chatter Thread - Furthest Mud-sling gets a free subscription to "JdB Monthly".

QUOTE(Major Mike Shearer)
We can categorically state that we have not released man-eating badgers into the area.
QUOTE(Brace Belden)
A machine gun is like a woman, I don’t understand it, I’m afraid of it, and one day I’ll accidentally be killed by one.

Quote Post
Deadeye
post Mar 6 2009, 12:05
Post #5

ArmA.info Sarcasm Society's Gentleman Usher of the Banstick

Group: Former .info Serviceman
Member No.: 11

Welcome to the FOrums smile.gif

3rd Person view fix :
http://www.armedassault.info/index.php?cat=addons&id=61

Also have a look at the ArmA enhancement FAQ (not updated a for a while )
http://www.armedassault.info/index.php?cat...s=faq&id=23

--------------------

Quote Post
Sniper_Ghost
post Mar 6 2009, 13:18
Post #6

Member No.: 4,435

Project RACS!!!!

adds/and still adding loads of units to the independant side allowing a 3rd side to Arma that can hold its own against either the US or SLA
good quality stuff aswell.

This post has been edited by Sniper_Ghost: Mar 6 2009, 13:19

Quote Post
Jeza
post Mar 15 2009, 22:29
Post #7

Guests

My experiances lead me to reccomend:

ECS: http://www.ecsteam.online.fr/ - An enviroment enhancement, makes the game very atmospheric.

Avgani: http://www.armedassault.info/index.php?cat=islands&id=39

Also the ACE 1.04 is a massive mod changes many many things but still a fantastic mod and worth a look.

hope you enjoy your arma experiance matey!

Quote Post
Linker Split
post Mar 17 2009, 13:31
Post #8

literally the BIG BOSS of OFP
Group Icon

Group: Addon Maker
Member No.: 66

and don't forget my island:

http://www.armedassault.info/index.php?cat=news&id=1587

biggrin.gif

--------------------
Visit my blog about Poker at Blogspot.com

-->TUTORIAL ON HOW TO MAKE NORMAL MAPPING IN ARMA!<--
-->MATERIAL EDITOR TUTORIAL!<--
-->DOWNLOAD MY HDT ISLAND!<--
judgement = hypocritical and slightly deluded

Quote Post

Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic
3 User(s) are reading this topic (3 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 13:00