McCain, but I don't approve of Palin [ 1 ] ** [3.70%]
Total Votes: 27

JdB
post Oct 5 2008, 14:21
Post #1

Hipster addonmaker

Group: Former .info Serviceman
Member No.: 10

Obama & Biden (Democrats) or McCain & Palin (Republican)

Results can be discussed in the [Political & Military discussion] thread.

--------------------
Creator of dodgy ArmA:CWA addons.

Quote Post
pMASTER
post Oct 5 2008, 14:40
Post #2

Gentleman Usher of the Coffee Stain
Group Icon

Group: Site Team
Member No.: 19

De facto belongs to the particular discussion thread, so: Temporarily pinned.

--------------------
Google Google and Google will google Google!

R.I.P. Jacky *1996-†2014

Quote Post
Supr3me KiLL3r
post Oct 5 2008, 18:22
Post #3

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,465

Well what a joke this election is

Especially love how they campaign on things like "change" when 4 years from now nothing changes, and the next candidate will campaign on "change", and the next, and the next...

And i'll sit here laughing at all the naive idiots who voted for them and expected results

And if you don't live in a state with a major electoral college vote count, like california, they could care less about you.

--------------------
My Armed Assault Youtube page.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sYwE-HkeYuQ

Quote Post
Toadball
post Oct 6 2008, 11:22
Post #4

ArmA.info Sarcasm Society's Slightly Mad Scotsman

Member No.: 1,331

QUOTE(JdB @ Oct 5 2008, 14:21) *
Results can be discussed in the [Political & Military discussion] thread.

If you wish to discuss the poll it's probably best you do it at the aforementioned thread.

--------------------
Never before in the history of man, was so much buggered up by so few.

Quote Post
D@V£
post Oct 6 2008, 13:41
Post #5

Gee, I wish we had one of them doomsday machines.
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 155

Maybe, but it would be nice to have a thread dedicated to this election... so it wouldn't get lost amongst the rest of the discussion in that thread.

--------------------
The Rules - Nothing too complicated, follow these and we'll have no problems.
Moderation Feedback Thread - Tell everyone how much you hate me love me secretly fear that Mark is watching you while you sleep. secretly wish that Mark is watching you while you sleep.
Site Issues Thread - Complain about site issues here. We might even fix them!
Community Chatter Thread - Furthest Mud-sling gets a free subscription to "JdB Monthly".

QUOTE(Major Mike Shearer)
We can categorically state that we have not released man-eating badgers into the area.
QUOTE(Brace Belden)
A machine gun is like a woman, I don’t understand it, I’m afraid of it, and one day I’ll accidentally be killed by one.

Quote Post
Blackbuck
post Oct 6 2008, 14:03
Post #6

ArmA.info Sarcasm Society's Appointed Olivia Wilde Stalker
Group Icon

Member No.: 113

My feelings exactly, after the election is over you will have to use the P&M thread as this will be closed though.

--------------------

--------------------
Heed my words or risk being beaten with a stick then fed to my associate D@V£
The Rules - Most places have rules, these are ours Read them!
Moderation Feedback Thread - Let everyone know how much you don't like D@V£
--------------------

Quote Post
BigglesTrevor
post Oct 13 2008, 00:34
Post #7

The Il2 Fan

Member No.: 25

well i think thats pretty conclusive.

--------------------

Quote Post
Jeza
post Oct 26 2008, 02:28
Post #8

Guests

As they did on 04 and look what happend ohmy.gif, I hope there is no similarities and people vote how the polls have been showing

Quote Post
D@V£
post Oct 26 2008, 13:24
Post #9

Group Icon

Plus most of the people who vote in this thread are European! tongue.gif

--------------------
Moderation Feedback Thread - Tell everyone how much you hate me love me secretly fear that Mark is watching you while you sleep. secretly wish that Mark is watching you while you sleep.
Community Chatter Thread - Furthest Mud-sling gets a free subscription to "JdB Monthly".

We can categorically state that we have not released man-eating badgers into the area.
QUOTE(Brace Belden)
A machine gun is like a woman, I don’t understand it, I’m afraid of it, and one day I’ll accidentally be killed by one.

Quote Post
JdB
post Oct 26 2008, 13:37
Post #10

Hipster addonmaker

QUOTE(D@V£ @ Oct 26 2008, 13:24) *
Plus most of the people who vote in this thread are European! tongue.gif

Don't display our natural superiority of judgment so dramatically in public D@V£ tongue.gif

--------------------

Quote Post
BigglesTrevor
post Oct 26 2008, 20:48
Post #11

The Il2 Fan

I was watching a program the other day, and it made me so glad i live in Europe. I would much rather have Brown, Cameron or even Clegg leading any said country than McCain OR Obama.

--------------------

Quote Post
D@V£
post Oct 26 2008, 21:44
Post #12

Group Icon

To be fair, I'd take McCain or Obama over Brown any day of the week. Hell, I'd take Bush over Brown, the guy might be an idiot with an unholy agenda that not even he truly understands, but in my experience, idiots are usually pretty decisive... especially those with Agendas...

--------------------

QUOTE(Brace Belden)

Quote Post
BigglesTrevor
post Oct 27 2008, 09:30
Post #13

The Il2 Fan

QUOTE(D@V£ @ Oct 26 2008, 20:44) *
To be fair, I'd take McCain or Obama over Brown any day of the week. Hell, I'd take Bush over Brown, the guy might be an idiot with an unholy agenda that not even he truly understands, but in my experience, idiots are usually pretty decisive... especially those with Agendas...

becuase brown has no agenda? The Presidential agenda seems to be anything that will get them votes. To me there appears to be precious little individual conviction beyond the promise of change and position handed to them by the almighty evangelican father. Itleast Brown stands for somthing. He is willing to do a job correctly even if it makes him unpopular with the idiot nation. But it will be too late before this is noticed, and a party whom still callled for the complete de-regulation of investment banks 4 months ago will be elected.

This post has been edited by BigglesTrevor: Oct 27 2008, 09:36

--------------------

Quote Post
D@V£
post Oct 27 2008, 10:48
Post #14

Group Icon

QUOTE(BigglesTrevor @ Oct 27 2008, 08:30) *
Because brown has no agenda? The Presidential agenda seems to be anything that will get them votes. To me there appears to be precious little individual conviction beyond the promise of change and position handed to them by the almighty evangelical father. At least Brown stands for something. He is willing to do a job correctly even if it makes him unpopular with the idiot nation. But it will be too late before this is noticed, and a party whom still called for the complete de-regulation of investment banks 4 months ago will be elected.

Heh. Bush has an Agenda to get him votes? That would be the ultimate Bush-ism, considering he can't get elected again...

I'm sorry, Brown stands for something? What? U-Turns? Wasting Money? Wasting Time? Wrecking our already damaged economy? Doing whatever the Yanks do?

position handed to them by the almighty evangelical father.

Not familiar with 'The Vicar' Blair, are we? tongue.gif

He is willing to do a job correctly even if it makes him unpopular with the idiot nation.

OK, now you've lost me. Exactly what Job has he even done correctly? The bail-out bill? That wasn't a job done correctly. In fact, that's just prolonging the problem at the tax-payers expense. It isn't a solution, it's a futile attempt to slow the problem down until he isn't in office enough to have to worry about dealing with it. If there are any idiots in the nation, it's those who still believe Labour can do any good.

But it will be too late before this is noticed, and a party whom still called for the complete de-regulation of investment banks 4 months ago will be elected.

Four months ago the entire financial crisis could have been dealt with by giving those responsible a good kick up the arse, if it wasn't for Mr. Brown stashing the issue away and refusing to deal with it in his trademark manner.

Cameron may be the next Blair, but after Brown, I'd take pretty much anyone.

--------------------

QUOTE(Brace Belden)

Quote Post
BigglesTrevor
post Oct 27 2008, 12:15
Post #15

The Il2 Fan

hmm, well thats funny since mr Browns rescue plan is highly regarded by many of the world leading economists and goverments. It seems hes doing somthing right since the conservative opinion poll lead has been enourmasly reduced over the last month. Apparently those idiots who still think labour can do any good is increasing.

our months ago the entire financial crisis could have been dealt with by giving those responsible a good kick up the arse

If you truly think that then you have no grasp of international economics.

--------------------

Quote Post
D@V£
post Oct 27 2008, 14:08
Post #16

Group Icon

QUOTE(BigglesTrevor @ Oct 27 2008, 11:15) *
hmm, well thats funny since mr Browns rescue plan is highly regarded by many of the world leading economists and goverments. It seems hes doing somthing right since the conservative opinion poll lead has been enourmasly reduced over the last month. Apparently those idiots who still think labour can do any good is increasing.
If you truly think that then you have no grasp of international economics.

Brown's rescue plan? Surely you mean Cheney's rescue plan?
I can't help but notice that "Brown's" plan wasn't put into effect until the exact same decision was put into effect by the Yanks. In fact, I don't think Brown has any grasp as to what he's doing with this plan. Care to tell me who these "leading economists and governments" are? Because I seem to recall hearing opinions from private review boards that the bail-out funding was nothing short of simply keeping corrupt bankers in power by buying out shareholders in large banks. Fact remains that in a few months the bail-out funding will have dried up and we'll be back at square one. The only way this can be averted again is by legislative action that targets the core of the problem, not by simply throwing taxpayers money at it until it disappears. Believing anything to the contrary is absolute insanity. Unless you actually believe that once Brown is gone, and he will be in the election, that all of his blunders will magically dissappear.

This Bail-out funding has brought us time. Nothing more. While you might be able to support a government that only deals in problems that concern them in their term of office, that's exactly the sort of thinking that, in my eyes, has brought us the problems that we are facing today. If we fail to take action now, future generations will suffer greater than we ever will because of our mistakes. This is entirely contrary to the entire purpose of human existence!

As for opinion polls, they're entirely unreliable. Or, they are, and the Tories take power back in a Landslide under Michel Howard and no one told me about it? If you seriously want to believe that Labour stands any chance in the coming election then you are sorely mistaken. No amount of biased opinion polls can change this.

My apologies for the hostile tone of this message, but I'm not having a very good day.

This post has been edited by D@V£: Oct 27 2008, 14:09

--------------------

QUOTE(Brace Belden)

Quote Post
JdB
post Oct 27 2008, 17:39
Post #17

Hipster addonmaker

US Presidential Election Poll --> Political & Military discussion

Last time I checked, the president of the US still isn't (officially) the political leader of the United Kingdom, so discussing Gordon Brown's performance as PM doesn't belong in this thread. I only make new topics at an average of 2 a year, so I won't let you ruin this tongue.gif

--------------------

Quote Post
Wittmann
post Oct 28 2008, 10:11
Post #18

ArmA.info Sarcasm Society's Admin Extraordinaire
Group Icon

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 18

He has a point ladies. Limit this to discussion of the U.S election and your opinions and views on the policies and personalities (Or lack thereof) of the contenders in that rather large ex-colony to your west.

--------------------

Junglewraiths Clan - GAU
Evil Director of Forum Resources

Quote Post
Jeza
post Nov 5 2008, 17:50
Post #19

Guests

Well now we all know, Good Luck Barack!

Quote Post
Blackbuck
post Nov 6 2008, 00:01
Post #20

ArmA.info Sarcasm Society's Appointed Olivia Wilde Stalker
Group Icon

Member No.: 113

Please take any further discussion into the P&Mm thread =]

Good luck mister Barack.

Closed

--------------------

--------------------
Heed my words or risk being beaten with a stick then fed to my associate D@V£
The Rules - Most places have rules, these are ours Read them!
Moderation Feedback Thread - Let everyone know how much you don't like D@V£
--------------------

Quote Post

Closed TopicStart new topic
3 User(s) are reading this topic (3 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 12:42