Forum Rules ArmedAssault.info Forum Rules

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Help
JasonXtik
post Jul 16 2010, 10:11
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,818

How to make AI units come hostile when the player enters an area? I want the enemy become hostile only when the player enters their camp.

Quote Post
D@V£
post Jul 16 2010, 12:44
Post #2

Gee, I wish we had one of them doomsday machines.
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 155

Use setcaptive to make a character non-targetable by the AI.
CODE
This setcaptive true

CODE
This setcaptive false

If you to create a trigger for the base area, and group it to the player, set it to "this vehicle, repeatedly, present"
You can use this in your "on activation" field:
CODE
Player setcaptive true

And this on your "on deactiviation" field:
CODE
Player setcaptive false

Which should get the desired effects. Alternatively, you can make it a single shot trigger, and put "this setcaptive true" on the player init field, so the enemy won't disengage when the player leaves the base.

--------------------
The Rules - Nothing too complicated, follow these and we'll have no problems.
Moderation Feedback Thread - Tell everyone how much you hate me love me secretly fear that Mark is watching you while you sleep. secretly wish that Mark is watching you while you sleep.
Site Issues Thread - Complain about site issues here. We might even fix them!
Community Chatter Thread - Furthest Mud-sling gets a free subscription to "JdB Monthly".

QUOTE(Major Mike Shearer)
We can categorically state that we have not released man-eating badgers into the area.
QUOTE(Brace Belden)
A machine gun is like a woman, I don’t understand it, I’m afraid of it, and one day I’ll accidentally be killed by one.

Quote Post
JasonXtik
post Jul 16 2010, 14:09
Post #3

I was thinking something like disabling the AI until the player is present at some trigger area, because I still want some enemies to attack the player outside the area.

And another question. how to make soldiers to get into cargo like in this picture? Is it an animation only or is it possible to make soldiers get into vehicles like that?

This post has been edited by JasonXtik: Jul 16 2010, 14:16

Quote Post
D@V£
post Jul 16 2010, 14:25
Post #4

Group Icon

It's just an animation.

--------------------
Moderation Feedback Thread - Tell everyone how much you hate me love me secretly fear that Mark is watching you while you sleep. secretly wish that Mark is watching you while you sleep.
Community Chatter Thread - Furthest Mud-sling gets a free subscription to "JdB Monthly".

We can categorically state that we have not released man-eating badgers into the area.
QUOTE(Brace Belden)
A machine gun is like a woman, I don’t understand it, I’m afraid of it, and one day I’ll accidentally be killed by one.

Quote Post
JasonXtik
post Jul 16 2010, 16:12
Post #5

Oh snap... That was possible in arma. But is there a way to disable the AI until the player is present at the trigger. Like Disableai commands for enemy groups?
And when the player is present enableai command or something is used to make the enemies hostile.

This post has been edited by JasonXtik: Jul 16 2010, 16:13

Quote Post
D@V£
post Jul 16 2010, 17:17
Post #6

Group Icon

DisableAI
EnableAI
ForEach

Running a command for an entire group is pretty easy:
CODE
{_x disableAI "move"} foreach units group SL1

Where SL1 would be a squadleader. You could also try sticking all the units you want to be part of the group to be disabled under a trigger (activated by the side they're on), and having the on activiation field read:
CODE
Disablegroup = Thislist

Then use:
CODE
{_x disableAI "move"} foreach Disablegroup

--------------------

QUOTE(Brace Belden)

Quote Post
JasonXtik
post Jul 16 2010, 17:54
Post #7

Oh thanks! Just what I was looking for! biggrin.gif

I have a new question! I need a way to activate a waypoint with radio. The player uses the radio and tells the H.Q to send some groups to the battlefield. How can I do this?

And yet another question. I need a way to create enemy mortar fire when a triggers is activated. When the trigger area is free from enemies, mortar rounds will start dropping to the same area. How can I do it. I want it done like it was done in the scenario mission where you play with the russians.

This post has been edited by JasonXtik: Jul 18 2010, 20:51

Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
3 User(s) are reading this topic (3 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 17:22