Reply to this topicStart new topic
> P85 Mini campaign CTD, Probably just need some installation help
Guy
post Jun 17 2010, 15:13
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 241

Hey all.

I've just installed the P85 mini-campaign by CimaleX, and I'm getting a CTD whenever I try to play any of the missions.

Last time I really modded the arma 2 engine was back in the days of OFP. And as a result the file structure has changed a wee bit, so this CTD is most likely caused by me installing some of the required addons in the wrong place.

So, I created a mod folder called @CampaignAddons, inside this mod folder are folders called, 'Addons', 'Missions' and 'Sbrodj_v1.37b'. I've extracted all the Pbo's for the required addons in the addons folder, including their bisigns.
In a few of the rar files there was a bikey file, and I plopped that into the keys folder, however, due to the name it kept wanting to overwrite what was already there, however I assumed I only needed one of these keys (seeing as they were all the same).

Seeing as the Sbrodj map came with its own folder structure, I just popped it into the @campaignAddons folder. However, just in case, I also put it into the addons folder.

I bumped into a file called 'P85_config.pbo' - this caused me some confusion, do I REALLY put a config file in the addons folder? well, it was a pbo, so I chose to put it in there too.

With all the files installed I run the addon folder via a shortcut, and try to run the missions. The missions appear in the single missions category of arma 2. I can read the briefing for all of them, however when I go to play, the game crashes to desktop sad.gif

Any ideas?

Many thanks

Guy

Quote Post
D@V£
post Jun 17 2010, 16:19
Post #2

Gee, I wish we had one of them doomsday machines.
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 155

"Sbrodj_v1.37b" shouldn't in it's own folder. Extract the pbos directly into the addons subdirectory of your modfolder wink.gif

As a general rule, stick all pbo files in an modfolder addons folder, unless a readme explicitly states otherwise. (There are very few cases where you'd need to put one anywhere else)

--------------------
The Rules - Nothing too complicated, follow these and we'll have no problems.
Moderation Feedback Thread - Tell everyone how much you hate me love me secretly fear that Mark is watching you while you sleep. secretly wish that Mark is watching you while you sleep.
Site Issues Thread - Complain about site issues here. We might even fix them!
Community Chatter Thread - Furthest Mud-sling gets a free subscription to "JdB Monthly".

QUOTE(Major Mike Shearer)
We can categorically state that we have not released man-eating badgers into the area.
QUOTE(Brace Belden)
A machine gun is like a woman, I don’t understand it, I’m afraid of it, and one day I’ll accidentally be killed by one.

Quote Post
Guy
post Jun 17 2010, 20:58
Post #3

Hey D@v£, thanks for the fast reply!

I've deleted the subfolder and popped sprodj into the addons folder but still no luck.

Then I noticed a missing addon message, something that transpired to being Isla_Duala. I downloaded and installed (the very impressive) 'Isla Duala' and behold, upon starting the campaign I was able to watch the intro, however as soon as the mission was to begin, the CTD struck again sad.gif

I noticed that in the editor, upon placing a tank platoon, I was unable to see some of the tanks (could see the group lines but not the map image) which suggests to me missing addons, however, I've definitely downloaded and installed ALL addons listed on the main page. Any ideas?

Quote Post
D@V£
post Jun 17 2010, 22:48
Post #4

Group Icon

CTDs are usually due to config's referencing stuff that isn't there, rather than mission.sqm files. Make sure you've got all the required addons for the required addons! ohnoo.gif

--------------------
Moderation Feedback Thread - Tell everyone how much you hate me love me secretly fear that Mark is watching you while you sleep. secretly wish that Mark is watching you while you sleep.
Community Chatter Thread - Furthest Mud-sling gets a free subscription to "JdB Monthly".

We can categorically state that we have not released man-eating badgers into the area.
QUOTE(Brace Belden)
A machine gun is like a woman, I don’t understand it, I’m afraid of it, and one day I’ll accidentally be killed by one.

Quote Post
Guy
post Jun 18 2010, 01:13
Post #5

AFAIK, after checking the addons individually, there aren't any required addons... mellow.gif

Do you know of any from past experience that might be required for the p85 stuff to work correctly. I found a 'P85_Othr.pbo' file via google, however when I pop it into the addons folder, I'm given an error about the config, hhmmm.... I'm stumped

Quote Post
D@V£
post Jun 18 2010, 08:19
Post #6

Group Icon

I'd advise against looking for p85 files on google, as there's ones from both ArmA and ArmA.2! (mixing them isn't advised...), you might want to rather check Vilas' thread on these forums:
http://forum.armedassault.info/index.php?showtopic=3930

If this doesn't fix it, I don't really know what to suggest I'm afraid... unsure.gif

--------------------

QUOTE(Brace Belden)

Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
3 User(s) are reading this topic (3 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 12:40