DaRat
post Jan 28 2008, 23:31
Post #101

~Established April, 2004~

Group: Former .info Serviceman
Member No.: 34

QUOTE(Daniel Von Rommel @ Jan 28 2008, 19:40) *
I fixed my problem.

Well there you go, we're all extremely happy for you. Excuse me while I pop open a bottle of bubbly and let off a few fireworks.

Why are you still whining? And don't give me that "I'm scared for other people" crap, it's because you enjoy having something to moan about - I'm sure of that. Malajn.gif

Quote Post
Eik Corell
post Jan 31 2008, 06:19
Post #102

Group: Members
Member No.: 756

To be perfectly fair - You can get spyware by just viewing an ad, if your browser is not updated that is. It's called an Iframe exploit. Another trend was a custom .ani file(a web cursor) that executed malware code. I don't know what you guys have right now since it seems to be blocked by my custom HOSTS file.

Hmmm, you know, maybe I should make an exception for just google. After all, Google is the main source of income for a majority of websites. Guess I'll remove the Google Inc. part of my HOSTS file.

Quote Post
D@V£
post Jan 31 2008, 11:58
Post #103

Gee, I wish we had one of them doomsday machines.
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 155

QUOTE(Eik Corell @ Jan 31 2008, 05:19) *
To be perfectly fair - You can get spyware by just viewing an ad, if your browser is not updated that is. It's called an Iframe exploit. Another trend was a custom .ani file(a web cursor) that executed malware code. I don't know what you guys have right now since it seems to be blocked by my custom HOSTS file.

Hmmm, you know, maybe I should make an exception for just google. After all, Google is the main source of income for a majority of websites. Guess I'll remove the Google Inc. part of my HOSTS file.

Yes. You can, if the Advert is from an illegitimate source. We've already established that the adverts on this site are completely legitimate...

--------------------
The Rules - Nothing too complicated, follow these and we'll have no problems.
Moderation Feedback Thread - Tell everyone how much you hate me love me secretly fear that Mark is watching you while you sleep. secretly wish that Mark is watching you while you sleep.
Site Issues Thread - Complain about site issues here. We might even fix them!
Community Chatter Thread - Furthest Mud-sling gets a free subscription to "JdB Monthly".

QUOTE(Major Mike Shearer)
We can categorically state that we have not released man-eating badgers into the area.
QUOTE(Brace Belden)
A machine gun is like a woman, I don’t understand it, I’m afraid of it, and one day I’ll accidentally be killed by one.

Quote Post

6 Pages V  « < 4 5 6
Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic
3 User(s) are reading this topic (3 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 01:59