> Australian Defence Force (ADF) MOD
Blackbuck
post Mar 6 2008, 15:50
Post #41

ArmA.info Sarcasm Society's Appointed Olivia Wilde Stalker
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 113

I think this could be taken up over PM rather than derailing the topic which I have a bad feeling is going to happen.

--------------------

--------------------
Heed my words or risk being beaten with a stick then fed to my associate D@V£
The Rules - Most places have rules, these are ours Read them!
Moderation Feedback Thread - Let everyone know how much you don't like D@V£
--------------------

Quote Post
JdB
post Mar 6 2008, 17:15
Post #42

Hipster addonmaker

Group: Former .info Serviceman
Member No.: 10

QUOTE(Helping Hand @ Mar 6 2008, 15:50) *
I think this could be taken up over PM rather than derailing the topic which I have a bad feeling is going to happen.

X2.

TheVipersFang and Sheildsy, please continue this "discussion" through PM.

--------------------
Creator of dodgy ArmA:CWA addons.

Quote Post
Silent Raptor
post Apr 5 2008, 04:50
Post #43

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,853

FINALLY AN AUSSIE MOD thx for the mod guys good work just wondering if you are going to incorporate f88 attachments like GLA and the combine version. also are their any chances in getting F-111 as well and SAS units. thx for the mod

Quote Post
Sparky Speirs
post Apr 10 2008, 13:32
Post #44

Member No.: 2,370

nice looking mod! biggrin.gif

--------------------

Quote Post
RicoADF
post Apr 10 2008, 14:32
Post #45

Group Icon

Group: Addon Maker
Member No.: 1,578

QUOTE(Silent Raptor @ Apr 5 2008, 13:50) *
just wondering if you are going to incorporate f88 attachments like GLA and the combine version

There should be a carbine version unless I disabled it for some technical reason, I need to have alook again (due to TAFE I havent touched it in months, but now holidays have started I'm back on the job thumbsup.gif )

are their any chances in getting F-111 as well and SAS units.

They are both planned and will be done as soon as the current bugs are fixed smile.gif

thx for the mod

Your welcome smile.gif

--------------------

Quote Post
Nebula
post Aug 3 2008, 12:50
Post #46

Member No.: 739

Hey all, it's Antipop from the ADF Mod. Just posting a small video I just whipped up using some of the new units coming in version 0.2. Now this is till Work in Progress and everything in this video still being worked on.

------------------------------------
ADF MOD 0.2 CHANGELOG:
------------------------------------
New Additions:
ASLAV
Bushmaster
FA/18
New Scopes - Elcans, Aimpoints, Acogs etc
(And a few other little suprises)

Updates:
Fixed S-70A errors
Fixed MRH-90 errors
Fixed Tiger errors
Fixed Soldier bugs with shadows
Fixed Weapon shadows
Numerous other bug fixes

ADF Mod is still looking for anyone who would like to help out. If you are interested, email Rico at; richard_chantler@hotmail.com
Thanks and enjoy this small teaser video created by myself.

http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=cCgl5p6RTQU

This post has been edited by Nebula: Aug 3 2008, 12:51

Quote Post
TheVipersFang
post Aug 4 2008, 06:27
Post #47

Member No.: 1,346

Do the "few little surprises" include as many bugs as the last release? rofl.gif

(Before some anal retentive individual says something, this is an inside joke not an attempt to flame.)

This post has been edited by TheVipersFang: Aug 4 2008, 06:29

--------------------
- .B.O.H.I.C.A. - .D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F. -

Quote Post
Blackbuck
post Aug 4 2008, 10:26
Post #48

ArmA.info Sarcasm Society's Appointed Olivia Wilde Stalker
Group Icon

Member No.: 113

It's still a rather pointless post tiredsmiley.gif Don't bother one like it again. If it is an inside joke use the PM system or an external messenger to communicate not the forum thread...

--------------------

--------------------
Heed my words or risk being beaten with a stick then fed to my associate D@V£
The Rules - Most places have rules, these are ours Read them!
Moderation Feedback Thread - Let everyone know how much you don't like D@V£
--------------------

Quote Post
Stavrogin1980
post Aug 4 2008, 13:34
Post #49

Group Icon

Group: User Banned
Member No.: 2,957

It is probably a stupid comment, but... well, these new ADF units will make happy not only the fans of the Australian Army, but also those who like RACS smile.gif Thank you very much for your hard work!

Were you able to do anything with the interior of the ASLAV?..
& a few more pics of the LAV would be appreciate, no doubt smile.gif

This post has been edited by Stavrogin1980: Aug 4 2008, 13:57

Quote Post
RicoADF
post Aug 14 2008, 06:12
Post #50

Group Icon

I'll see what I can do about pics, but we really need another texturer, so anyone that can help please contact us, its the thing slowing us down.

--------------------

Quote Post
Stavrogin1980
post Aug 15 2008, 08:11
Post #51

Group Icon

Group: User Banned
Member No.: 2,957

When I say "interior", I mean "cargo or passanger area" smile.gif Not the gunner \ driver station - in ArmA it is not a must-have.
Good luck!

Quote Post
Nebula
post Sep 4 2008, 22:45
Post #52

Member No.: 739

Hey all,
I was able to acquire these models from a mate who is working on an Aussie BF2 mod. Will these be able to be used in ArmA?
Officer:

Rifleman:

Crewman:

Support:

Bushmaster:

ASLAV:
[im]http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t187/tonnie15/1-9.jpg[/img] Over 150kb
[im]http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t187/tonnie15/2-8.jpg[/img] Over 150kb
[im]http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t187/tonnie15/4-3.jpg[/img] Over 150kb

Enjoy...

This post has been edited by JdB: Sep 4 2008, 22:59
Reason for edit: Images over 150kb

Quote Post
JdB
post Sep 4 2008, 23:00
Post #53

Hipster addonmaker

Nebula, as this is the second time I have had to warn you about the size of the images you post in less than two days, this means a 24hr post restriction. Please make sure the pictures that you post are under 150kb at all times wink.gif

The soldiers might pose a problem, just as in OFP a different soldiermodel means making new (or at the very least heavily edited) animations IIRC. The vehicles should be semi-easy to use. They all look great.

I should also add that having two accounts here is not allowed. I see you also have an account named "Antipop", but as you're using the "Nebula" one currently, I'll ban the "Antipop" one. Please don't make other accounts without informing us first (we can change your name without having to re-register). I see the old one had a WB, I certainly hope you didn't register a new account to get rid of that wink.gif

--------------------

Quote Post
D@V£
post Sep 5 2008, 11:46
Post #54

Gee, I wish we had one of them doomsday machines.
Group Icon

Member No.: 155

QUOTE(JdB @ Sep 4 2008, 23:00) *
The soldiers might pose a problem, just as in OFP a different soldiermodel means making new (or at the very least heavily edited) animations IIRC. The vehicles should be semi-easy to use. They all look great.

Where did you hear this? Or are you part of the international consortium that seems to be against ArmA having new player models that aren't edits of the original? tongue.gif
(I swear it must exist! There must be some malign force stopping new models from being put ingame!)

There's no reason all of those models can't be used.

It'd be necessary to set the model up like ArmA's infantry models, so you'd want to replace the head and hands with ones copied from one of the default models. (Largely so they fit in with the rest of the soldiers, but it'd also save a lot of time with selections too, as most of them are on the hands and face). Once this is done it's a simple matter of applying the default soldier's model.cfg to them.

--------------------
The Rules - Nothing too complicated, follow these and we'll have no problems.
Moderation Feedback Thread - Tell everyone how much you hate me love me secretly fear that Mark is watching you while you sleep. secretly wish that Mark is watching you while you sleep.
Site Issues Thread - Complain about site issues here. We might even fix them!
Community Chatter Thread - Furthest Mud-sling gets a free subscription to "JdB Monthly".

QUOTE(Major Mike Shearer)
We can categorically state that we have not released man-eating badgers into the area.
QUOTE(Brace Belden)
A machine gun is like a woman, I don’t understand it, I’m afraid of it, and one day I’ll accidentally be killed by one.

Quote Post
JdB
post Sep 5 2008, 16:12
Post #55

Hipster addonmaker

QUOTE(D@V£ @ Sep 5 2008, 12:46) *
Once this is done it's a simple matter of applying the default soldier's model.cfg to them.

That "simple matter" is how you can make the "aliens" (completely distorted player models) wink.gif

--------------------

Quote Post
D@V£
post Sep 5 2008, 17:38
Post #56

Group Icon

QUOTE(JdB @ Sep 5 2008, 16:12) *
That "simple matter" is how you can make the "aliens" (completely distorted player models) wink.gif

Yes, but only if you manage to set up the selections hideously wrong... in most cases the results will still be good.

I don't see why you're acting as if this is impossible, it isn't. It's a relatively easy process.

--------------------
Moderation Feedback Thread - Tell everyone how much you hate me love me secretly fear that Mark is watching you while you sleep. secretly wish that Mark is watching you while you sleep.
Community Chatter Thread - Furthest Mud-sling gets a free subscription to "JdB Monthly".

We can categorically state that we have not released man-eating badgers into the area.
QUOTE(Brace Belden)
A machine gun is like a woman, I don’t understand it, I’m afraid of it, and one day I’ll accidentally be killed by one.

Quote Post
JdB
post Sep 5 2008, 18:21
Post #57

Hipster addonmaker

QUOTE(D@V£ @ Sep 5 2008, 18:38) *
Yes, but only if you manage to set up the selections hideously wrong... in most cases the results will still be good.

I don't see why you're acting as if this is impossible, it isn't. It's a relatively easy process.

Selections only tell the game where every part of the soldier model is located, so that the animations can work with it. Remember that any new soldier models is bound to be different from the default ArmA one, whose animations you would be using. If the soldier model doesn't match the size of the animations being applied to it, you will end up with an alien, just like it was in OFP. Selections are not the solution, they are only a part of the process.

That's why I'm acting as if what you're saying is impossible without further editing, because it is. I'll ask around with people who have plenty of experience with soldier models.

--------------------

Quote Post
D@V£
post Sep 5 2008, 19:41
Post #58

Group Icon

QUOTE(JdB @ Sep 5 2008, 18:21) *
Selections only tell the game where every part of the soldier model is located, so that the animations can work with it. Remember that any new soldier models is bound to be different from the default ArmA one, whose animations you would be using. If the soldier model doesn't match the size of the animations being applied to it, you will end up with an alien, just like it was in OFP. Selections are not the solution, they are only a part of the process.

That's why I'm acting as if what you're saying is impossible without further editing, because it is. I'll ask around with people who have plenty of experience with soldier models.

Simply not the case, unless you're talking about something which is so different it'd demand new animations (Animals for example). Look at Ryan_D's alien addon, the animations work perfectly fine even though the proportions on the troops are completely... well... Alien! tongue.gif

Besides, the skeleton would just result in the model being discreetly stretched to fit the same proportions. While this might cause a handful of near invisible bugs, it'd work perfectly fine.

What do you mean when you say "just like it was in OFP"? There were addon converted from other games in OFP and they worked fine, there were completely new models created for OFP (it's not like addons such as HYK's US infantry had any components from the original troops other than the hands and head) this is basically exactly the same with the addition of the model.cfg file.

Final case in point, SLX's people addon.

--------------------

QUOTE(Brace Belden)

Quote Post
RicoADF
post Sep 7 2008, 07:39
Post #59

Group Icon

If you can get the models in 3DS format then they are convertable, otherwise its a no go

--------------------

Quote Post
RicoADF
post Oct 16 2008, 15:20
Post #60

Group Icon

Here are a few pics for everyone to enjoy thumbsup.gif

There are more images at our new site tho i havent posted them due to the size limit (their 400-500kb)

http://www.adfmod.armaholic.eu/index.php

Enjoy biggrin.gif

--------------------

Quote Post

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic
3 User(s) are reading this topic (3 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 19:09