Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Moderation Feedback Thread
DaRat
post Jan 6 2008, 18:55
Post #181

~Established April, 2004~

Group: Former .info Serviceman
Member No.: 34

I'm totally with Trevor on this, this punishment is unfounded and quite frankly ridiculous.

There's nothing I can say that hasn't been said in his post, he hit the nail on the head there with:
discrimination and inconsistent moderation

There have been plenty of posts more 'serious' (if you can even call them that) than Trevor's, yet JdB decided to let them go unpunished and slap Trevor for making a completely innocent post. I would say there is either some history between the two causing JdB to punish Trevor and use the faultless post as an excuse, or simply trying to make an example of Trevor quickly in front of other members.

Either way, simply absurd. sleep.gif

I don't usually stand up here and make myself heard, but this has gone too far. glare.gif

Quote Post
JdB
post Jan 6 2008, 19:16
Post #182

Hipster addonmaker

Member No.: 10

I had asked that the moderating be discussed in the Moderation Feedback thread or PM, when I see someone obviously continuing to discuss the moderating in the exact same topic, that makes it very easy for me to hand out a PR and WB. It has happened before, it will undoubtedly happen again some day. Let's face it, the only reason there is such a commotion over it is because Biggles is one of the "regulars", and "regulars" feel that they and their friends are special. The only person to have posted a neutral view on the moderating besides Rewan was Bracken, who can easily do that as he is not a "regular", the rest is friends with Biggles, and will therefore defend him.

can people please stop this bullshit. the reason this site and forum is popular is because its the sane version of the BI forums. This crap is really damaging this forums credability, itleast the english section anyway.

Also there is no "history" between myself and BigglesTrevor either positively or negatively, that is the reason why I don't have many of you in my MSN, to be able to be impartial. Some of the comments were more sarcasticly meant than yours, which was pure criticism, which should have gone in the Moderation Feedback thread or PM.

--------------------
Creator of dodgy ArmA:CWA addons.

Quote Post
BigglesTrevor
post Jan 6 2008, 19:18
Post #183

The Il2 Fan

Group: Members
Member No.: 25

QUOTE(JdB @ Jan 6 2008, 18:16) *
I had asked that the moderating be discussed in the Moderation Feedback thread or PM, when I see someone obviously continuing to discuss the moderating in the exact same topic, that makes it very easy for me to hand out a PR and WB. It has happened before, it will undoubtedly happen again some day. Let's face it, the only reason there is such a commotion over it is because Biggles is one of the "regulars", and "regulars" feel that they and their friends are special. The only person to have posted a neutral view on this besides Rewan was Bracken, who can easily do that as he is not a "regular".

Im sorry this has gone to far. You clearly dont see that my post makes no discussion on the forums moderation. I am really clueless as to how you think it does. Sorry for the french but this is a complete f*cking joke, its really making me question my continued interest in this community.

--------------------

Quote Post
DaRat
post Jan 6 2008, 19:19
Post #184

~Established April, 2004~

Member No.: 34

QUOTE(JdB @ Jan 6 2008, 18:16) *
I see someone obviously continuing to discuss the moderating in the exact same topic, that makes it very easy for me to hand out a PR and WB. It has happened before...

He was not referring to the moderating. Read his previous post and you'll see that he was addressing the community members themselves, not your moderating. blink.gif

can people *1 please stop this bullshit. the reason this site and forum is popular is because its the sane version of the BI forums. This crap *2 is really damaging this forums credability, itleast the english section anyway.

*1 - This is where he addresses the community members, not Jdb or any of his moderating decisions
*2 - Referring to the arguments in the thread itself. Reworded, it would sound something like: "This bickering" or "This flaming". i.e. Who would want to stay on a forum where all the members argue amongst themselves constantly.

EDIT: What he said ^

Let's face it, the only reason there is such a commotion over it is because Biggles is one of the "regulars", and "regulars" feel that they and their friends are special.

Bullshit, I barely know the bloke (no offence Trevor). I do however know that the decision to PR and hand out a WB was wrong and unfounded. glare.gif

Quote Post
JdB
post Jan 6 2008, 19:23
Post #185

Hipster addonmaker

QUOTE(da rat @ Jan 6 2008, 19:19) *
He was not referring to the moderating. Read his previous post and you'll see that he was addressing the community members themselves, not your moderating. blink.gif

EDIT: What he said ^

Hmm, now that I come to think of it, it might also be explained in a very positive way. Hang on while I review the full context.

The way I initially interpreted the post was:

can people please stop this bullshit. (meaning "admins please remove him") the reason this site and forum is popular is because its the sane version of the BI forums. (meaning "everything allowed, little moderating") This crap is really damaging this forums credibility (meaning "rules being valued too much"), itleast the english section anyway.

Will evaluate, and if needed correct any mistakes made. Even moderators make mistakes. I'm assuming I saw that negative message due to the other demeaning and sarcastic messages. I thought BigglesTrevor's was even more negative, but it does look rather neutral in retrospect.

--------------------

Quote Post
Blackbuck
post Jan 6 2008, 19:31
Post #186

ArmA.info Sarcasm Society's Appointed Olivia Wilde Stalker
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 113

YOU took the post personally as we have said before, and took it into your own context which is why you acted as you did. Hindsight is a great tool isn't it...

--------------------

--------------------
Heed my words or risk being beaten with a stick then fed to my associate D@V£
The Rules - Most places have rules, these are ours Read them!
Moderation Feedback Thread - Let everyone know how much you don't like D@V£
--------------------

Quote Post
BigglesTrevor
post Jan 6 2008, 19:32
Post #187

The Il2 Fan

can people please stop this bullshit. (meaning "admins please remove him") the reason this site and forum is popular is because its the sane version of the BI forums. (meaning "everything allowed, little moderating") This crap is really damaging this forums credibility (meaning "rules being valued too much"), itleast the english section anyway

I have no idea of how anyone could come to that interpretation. I understand there is a language barrier among the forums, but im not writing in code. Its almost as if in that piece you have attempted to turn everything i say into somthing against the moderation of the forum.

Lets get somthing straight, Me and JdB have no personal vendetta. I personally had nothing to say either way when he was named the new moderator, i was more than willing to listen to his instructions. I was also happy to help the community in any possable way, agreeing (and honoured) to assist with the judging of the photogrpahy contest., invited personally by JdB. I would describe our relationship before this incident as peachy. I just cannot highlight enough how disgruntled i am with this decision he has come too.

--------------------

Quote Post
D@V£
post Jan 6 2008, 19:34
Post #188

Gee, I wish we had one of them doomsday machines.
Group Icon

Member No.: 155

Look. We can sit here and discuss what people said and analyze every tiny word and look at everyone way people have negatively said anything or said something in a way that can be interpreted as something else. But it's going to get us nowhere. So I'm just going to say what I think.

John, this is directed at you.

You shouldn't have given pMaster a post restriction or any warn blocks. He didn't do anything and to be honest, the only reason you did it was because you didn't like the attitude he took towards you and the forum rules.

The_Lord shouldn't have been effectively banned because he posted something that might have damaged your reputation. You go on and on about how people should be posting moderator feedback in the feedback thread and he does it and you kick him out. And don't try and tell us you kicked him out because he was breaking the rules. You kicked him out because he's been one of your more vocal oppositions.

I don't like the way you threaten to ban people for minor offenses. I don't like your little "kill count" and I know a lot of other people don't like your general attitude towards moderation and your own little methods of doing them.

Personally, I hope that this can end here and you'll take note of what I've said, because clearly no one else is going to say it. This is not a personal attack and I hope you don't see it as being so.

--------------------
The Rules - Nothing too complicated, follow these and we'll have no problems.
Moderation Feedback Thread - Tell everyone how much you hate me love me secretly fear that Mark is watching you while you sleep. secretly wish that Mark is watching you while you sleep.
Site Issues Thread - Complain about site issues here. We might even fix them!
Community Chatter Thread - Furthest Mud-sling gets a free subscription to "JdB Monthly".

QUOTE(Major Mike Shearer)
We can categorically state that we have not released man-eating badgers into the area.
QUOTE(Brace Belden)
A machine gun is like a woman, I don’t understand it, I’m afraid of it, and one day I’ll accidentally be killed by one.

Quote Post
JdB
post Jan 6 2008, 20:22
Post #189

Hipster addonmaker

BigglesTrevor's WB has been removed, as I have concluded that it was given after my misinterpretation of his post, due to 4 out of 6 (not counting my moderating post) posts on that page alone prior to his post being sarcastic, negative and/or commenting on the moderating, I can't say I'm surprised I misread his post, however unfortunate.

Do you really think I would have bothered myself with reading through the two pages of crap which were produced here lately?
How good that I did not post something related to the black list.

No!!! JdB please don't close this thread now!

Get it going, Yehaa.

*sigh* Here we go again. To the ramparts!

I regret the decision of making BigglesTrevor the unfortunate victim of the negative posting of others. I don't like PR'ing someone, but when someone shows disregard for the rules, I will give that PR, this means that we feel that pMASTER was rightly PR'ed.

The Lord was banned for posting information from the "Private" forums (it bears that name for a reason), which undermines the working of the Moderating Staff, Site Team and the site as a whole, just as a security leak does (we ban hackers, cheaters and people who download software on the spot as well). Others more directly connected to us were removed from their positions before for leaking information from the Private forums.

--------------------

Quote Post
BigglesTrevor
post Jan 6 2008, 21:04
Post #190

The Il2 Fan

i feel for myselft itleast justice has be done, and i applaud the reversal of your decision.

--------------------

Quote Post
brataccas
post Jan 6 2008, 23:07
Post #191

The One and the Only!

Member No.: 35

if is the language barrier is causing these problems then why is someone who doesnt speak english as their native tongue moderating the English section? thats what I wanna know... unsure.gif

--------------------
Is king homer cheeky?

Quote Post
JdB
post Jan 6 2008, 23:48
Post #192

Hipster addonmaker

QUOTE(brataccas @ Jan 6 2008, 23:07) *
if is the language barrier is causing these problems then why is someone who doesnt speak english as their native tongue moderating the English section? thats what I wanna know... unsure.gif

So you're saying that someone who is a native English speaker never misinterprets anything? Everyone makes mistakes, but when a moderator that tries to control the amount of freedom that some members are trying to achieve does it, it's evil, and must have been willingly plotted. Don't accuse me alone of having a bad attitude. Like D@V£ said in regards to the "Who gets banned for Christmas" contest, no one went berserk when I wasn't yet a moderator, but this year when I was, some took it as an opportunity to vent their frustration. Because of all of a sudden my knowledge of the English language is not good enough? Coincidental? For your information, I had better grades in English than I had in Dutch.

I'm not a native English speaker, but my usage of English is better than that of a lot of people that regularly visit this forum and complain about the moderating.

--------------------

Quote Post
brataccas
post Jan 7 2008, 00:22
Post #193

The One and the Only!

Member No.: 35

that clears that up then smile.gif

--------------------
Is king homer cheeky?

Quote Post
Daithí
post Jan 8 2008, 20:54
Post #194

Member No.: 2,029

I don't think JdB handles post reports very well.

--------------------

Quote Post
Linker Split
post Jan 9 2008, 01:23
Post #195

literally the BIG BOSS of OFP
Group Icon

Group: Addon Maker
Member No.: 66

well, I think that JdB moderates in a good way this forum.
I mean: he can make some mistakes, that's obvious, and sometimes appears a bit too much evil as we say tongue.gif but at least, he makes the community respect forum rules.
See, if we (community in which I'm too) respect rules, nobody will get any PR or WB and no moderators will be considered a devil! Is it too hard? I remembered when I was post restricted by the allmighty KH becuase I posted a spam topic (I violated rules) cause I didn't read the rules very well. I took it with a smile on my face, it's only a stupid Warning block and a 24 hour post restriction, that's all! JdB made a mistake for what I've read and if he doesn't do anything to repair it, then he can be considered for what he's done! THIS IS A GAME ABOUT WAR, AND I DON'T WANT A WAR ABOUT A GAME!

--------------------
Visit my blog about Poker at Blogspot.com

-->TUTORIAL ON HOW TO MAKE NORMAL MAPPING IN ARMA!<--
-->MATERIAL EDITOR TUTORIAL!<--
-->DOWNLOAD MY HDT ISLAND!<--
judgement = hypocritical and slightly deluded

Quote Post
D@V£
post Jan 9 2008, 11:59
Post #196

Gee, I wish we had one of them doomsday machines.
Group Icon

Member No.: 155

To be honest, JdB does a very good job moderating the rest of the forum. Maybe if we just had a different moderator for the offtopic sections?

--------------------
The Rules - Nothing too complicated, follow these and we'll have no problems.
Moderation Feedback Thread - Tell everyone how much you hate me love me secretly fear that Mark is watching you while you sleep. secretly wish that Mark is watching you while you sleep.
Site Issues Thread - Complain about site issues here. We might even fix them!
Community Chatter Thread - Furthest Mud-sling gets a free subscription to "JdB Monthly".

QUOTE(Major Mike Shearer)
We can categorically state that we have not released man-eating badgers into the area.
QUOTE(Brace Belden)
A machine gun is like a woman, I don’t understand it, I’m afraid of it, and one day I’ll accidentally be killed by one.

Quote Post
Rewan
post Jan 9 2008, 13:06
Post #197

ArmA.info Sarcasm Society's Beast of War
Group Icon

Group: Site Team
Member No.: 12

No D@ve, not you: we KNOW you're trying to become one of us but you wont tongue.gif

--------------------
This is my totaly useless signature

Lazyness = mc²

Quote Post
pMASTER
post Jan 9 2008, 13:12
Post #198

Gentleman Usher of the Coffee Stain
Group Icon

Member No.: 19

You are a moderator again? How on earth...

--------------------
Google Google and Google will google Google!

R.I.P. Jacky *1996-†2014

Quote Post
Blackbuck
post Jan 9 2008, 14:00
Post #199

ArmA.info Sarcasm Society's Appointed Olivia Wilde Stalker
Group Icon

Member No.: 113

What did I miss?

--------------------

--------------------
Heed my words or risk being beaten with a stick then fed to my associate D@V£
The Rules - Most places have rules, these are ours Read them!
Moderation Feedback Thread - Let everyone know how much you don't like D@V£
--------------------

Quote Post
pMASTER
post Jan 9 2008, 14:54
Post #200

Gentleman Usher of the Coffee Stain
Group Icon

Member No.: 19

I thought his moderating rights were revoked due to a certain uncomely incident in the past.

My humble self is a moderator, too, by the way...Now isn't that crazy. JdB has played internal affairs lately. tongue.gif

--------------------
Google Google and Google will google Google!

R.I.P. Jacky *1996-†2014

Quote Post

19 Pages V  « < 8 9 10 11 12 > » 
Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic
3 User(s) are reading this topic (3 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 11:49